Amerigroup Mortgage Corporation / Refinance

TX, United States Review updated:

I recently received a phone call asking if I wanted to save at least 150.00 dollars a month on my current mortgage. I spent around 15 minutes explaining how I really didn't believe that their company couldn't offer me a current interest rate of 2.5 percent for a 30 year fixed loan.

I agreed to let one of their representatives to come to my home to explain their product.( I really wasn't looking to refinance since my current rate is below 5 percent) The representative was timely and polite and started his presentation. It lasted for approximately one hour since I was asking a lot of questions and it at first it seemed interesting until I saw the new amount to refinance. It was approximately 18, 000 more than original loan.

I told the representative I needed more time and like the rest of the people experienced on this board, he called his manager and he tried to explain the VA backed their product and that he was a civilian and wished he could enroll in this program. I spent 15 minutes explaining I wasn't interested in the product. The manager wanted me to sign an agreement and that it takes two weeks to process and I should wait and see the full contract. I didn't ask what happens if I did that and then change my mind. I could imagine I would probably have to pay something then. I asked the representative to leave and he still tried to tell me I was really missing out.

Simply I didn't believe them on the phone, even stated it was too good to be true and it turned out to be a fixed 2.5 percent for the first four years then increased one percent for the next 6 years and then set at what ever the economy was doing at that point. The person that came to my house was retired from the air force, (that's what he told me anyway, didn't see an id) and was trying to use his past service to reel me in. He even stated he wanted to help veterans. Doesn't seem like that's helping people that serve this great country.

In short before you waste your time, please do some serious research on these people and if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. Oh before I go, I even asked if he would use this product and he stated he already had his home paid off. No, yes I love this program and would use it in a heart beat. Tried to avoid the whole question.

Comments

• Ly
      21st of Aug, 2013

My "red flag" was when I about interest rates going up after 38 months, if interest rates go up and down then it is not fixed!!! I mean duh !! a two hour presentation, a call to the manager was not going to change my mind at all, not to mention the representative did not even have a phone number for me to call her back... aww hell no, these people are SCAM ARTIST !, I called my VA Lender and they had nothing good to say about these slugs.