AmeriCredit / Unfairly Reported Me to Credit Unions

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I have not read a story quite the same as mine but here is my tale of whoa. I signed loan papers with Huntington Bank in August 2007 for my 2005 Kia Rio but never payment arrangements from them on were to send payments. Americredit sends me the first bill with instructions to send payment to them. Never once did I ever sign any paperwork with Americredit. Not one piece of paper. I have all the original paperwork from dealer. Everything went fine. I made all payments until I changed the payment date in February of this year. They let me go a month without making a payment and then added a month on the end of the loan. Still things were fine until March 21 of this year. I went to a dealership and traded the car in for a new car. Part of the deal was the dealership was to pay off my old loan and refinance the new car. I was sitting at the desk when the salesman called Americredit for pay-off and per diem and paid my part of difference. I take the new car home and think things are fine. Nine days into my new car I start getting phone calls from Americredit about my payment not being made. I call the dealership, they tell they will take care of it. 17 days into my new car Americredit tells me they have not received payoff, I call dealership and they have me come sign new paperwork and tell me they will take care of it. Everytime Americredit calls I find out what is going on and let them know I traded car in and try to find out what is going on. I do everything I am supposed to do, stay on top of dealership and Americredit to the best of my ability. Long story short. I finally get ahold of the Chief Officer of the dealership here who is working with me now to try to restore my credit. The dealership tried to get a check to a correct address at Americredit but was given an incorrect address. The Chief Officer called Americredit and asked them not to report me to the credit bureau since they would be getting a check hand couried to them next and they said okay and still reported me anyway to all three credit agencies. I have paperwork that says the dealership was to pay for the car but Americredit says I was responsible for the loan since it was in my name. If I would have made the payments they would have been paid twice and I guess I should have decided if my credit was worth it. The lady who has sent the checks to Americredit is supposed to send me a copy of the letter she is sending Americredit and that I can supposedly send the Credit Bureaus. Granted I did not have the best credit to begin with but this did not help. Had I missed payments and not been in touch and ignored them I could understand. The dealership even tried to reason with these people to no avail. Something needs to be done about these people taking advantage of people who do the right things. I did everything I possibly could except pay them twice.

Bewildered in Indiana

Ti

Comments

• Si
      2nd of Feb, 2010

I opened a loan with Americredit 3/19/2008 for 22, 318.90 with a monthly payment of 517.00 for 72 months on a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. I have nothing but trouble from the onset with this company. They post payments late then they charge you the late fees that never seem to come off of your account. I recently acquired a copy of my credit report and found that I have 12 months straight of late payments with Americredit a few times even showing 60 days delinquent. I am no Einstein, but I know that any other finance company would have reposessed their property by now. The truth is I have not paid my note on time every month, but I have made every payment everytime, and never -ever -ever missed 2 consecutive payments. I have paid $700, $800, $661, so on and so forth to makesure that my payments were sufficient to satisfy my debtors. These people are just evil and the consisitenly violate the laws regarding fair debt collecting. They have called my home 4 times in a day then my cell 2 times and even my job phone several times in that same day. The law allows for 2 calls if I am not mistaken. They harrass their clients ungodly. I recently checked my statement online and discovered that I owe another $158.60 late fee for my February payment. Here is the catch thought today is February 2 my payment is not due until the 15th does anyone else see a problem with this, and my account is current with no payments outstanding. I swear they are just making this stuff up, I have problem paying when I owe something but I believe they are trying to charge people for phantom occurrances to keep them in these over interest, over blown loans. I have paid over $11, 000 in payments but I still owe $19, 000 on a loan that was opened 2 years ago for 22, 000. That my friends makes no mathmatical sense. I can only deduce that I have paid $8, 000 in interest. In other words if they were to reposess my auto today they would have made their interest on the loan and retaken the auto, then sent it to auction, made some more on it at aution, and then sent me a bill for the difference of what the auto got at auction versus what was left on the loan, and this is legal, are you freaking kidding me. I believe a class action Lawsuit is in order, as individuals we do not have the power to fight these kinds of financial rapists and they know it, but as hundreds or thousands of angry well organized and well represented Americans we can hit these offenders in the only place they will feel and understand it; their wallets.