AmeriCredit / Predatory Lender

1 MD, United States Review updated:

I feel so very very sad. Americredit overcharged me. After I sighned the contract for a car they changed it. Americredit charged me 25% interest on a used car that is broken down. I feel so awful. I feel depressed. I have no one to help me. The car was financed through Bob White's Timonium. I know it is my fault for being used but it hurts so bad. It sent me into a state of depression. Americredit is an awful business. I am still hurting. I hurt so bad---that's all I can tell you.
Americredit is a predatory lender paired with Bob White's in Timonium.

I am so very very depressed.

The car is broken and I am still paying for this used vehicle---I wish someone would see this and help me.

Comments

• Wh
      9th of Mar, 2009

I am also afraid that I made a rushed and uniformed choice with a dealership to finance a 2005 car through Americredit. I have never missed a payment but was late with my January 2008 payment and have since paid along with a late fee. I feel trapped as this company will not work with you if you experience an emergency such as job loss, illness etc. I have another 32 payments left and don't know if I can keep them up now that I'm unemployed. I wonder if this company has ever been investigated for its predatory loans, unethical business practices, as well as being downright shady and guarded.

• Ad
      31st of Mar, 2009

Its not a "predatory loan" people. Again...Americredit is a Bogue House. Your financed with them because that is the only lender that will buy your loan due to your jacked up credit. So with that in mind... MRS JENKINS - you should seek mental help to get over your depression over your auto loan. Its not that bad...This is what you do..Call americredit and voulantarly give the car back. Its a little better credit wise to give it back rather them come and take it. It sucks..i know but if you can afford it dont try. Food, House and family are much more important than you car loan. Let it go back and use public transportation for a while. Its not that bad. Your credit is already shot for a few years...at least this way you can save a little money...even if its $100.00 or so a month. ...Whattodo- again let it go back. Bad situations only get worse. YOU have to make it better.

• Ms
      7th of Nov, 2009

I beg to differ with the last comment. My husband brought me a 2005 Buick Lacrosse for our 3rd anniversary in 2006. At the time of purchase my husband had a credit score of 700. The auto dealer Bob Watson took the bottom number of my husbands's credit score which was 592 and made a deal with americredit. They charged my husband 18.9% interest. The car has sense then broke down once with transmisson trouble, it has had supension problems. Were paying $480.69 a month for a piece of crap for the next 3 years.