AmeriCredit / Request for Deferred payment

On March 8, 2008, my husband had a stroke and was hospitalized and suffered another stoke just a few days later in the hospital. I contacted Americredit because the doctors told me he would be off work and it would take some time for recovery. We had made 5 payments on our loan at that time. I was told by three Americredit representatives that we would have to make six payments before we could get 2 payments deferred. We struggled to make the sixth payment and was told to call back three days after the payment and make arrangements for a deferral. I was also given the cost to arrange for the deferral. I called back on the third day and was told " no deferrments are available, the company decides when it will give them, they are not guaranteed. I asked if there was a cut off day/date, so I could call back...they said no, there are none available right now. We were mislead. I was never told they were not guaranteed.

Comments

• Ke
      7th of Apr, 2008

I have been dealing with Americredit and now I have two payments left and lo and behold all of a sudden there is an extra $500.00 on my balance. This company is the KIng of Ripoffs.

Don't get involved with them by any means, if you do they will prey upon you.