America's Servicing Company / Problems from the get go with ASC!

My mortgage company sold my mortgage to ASC. I had been warned that my mortgage was going to be sold after two months, but then they sold it after one month. I sent payment into the company that refinanced my loan, and they cashed my check and then forwarded payment to ASC. The problem is that they mailed it to an overnight post office box that no longer existed. I flipped out about my missing money and was promised by ASC (owner of the no longer in use P O Box) that there would not be a late fee charged. I had explained that I received a letter they mailed the last day of October telling me my loan had been transferred but I had already mailed payment to the old lender.

This month, my payment was due before the 16th, I am already being barraged by phone calls from these people. I just called one of their customer service numbers and listened to the computer generated message regarding my account and was just "informed" that they DO have late fees on my account. My monthly statements have not reflected a late payment.

When I went online to make payment to them, I have run across these complaints.

I will say that they did not use my mailing address as requested. I have been charged a late charge after being told I would not be charged. When I realized my payment had been LOST, I had to make more than a dozen calls to try to get the information from the old lender correlated with the new lender, ASC. They evidently did not feel they should be involved with their own contribution to my lost payment (a no longer in use P O Box) (note that it was not no longer in use to the extent that my payment was returned to the old lender... it was just no longer in use in terms of them checking it). What a total pain in the butt.

I will be following up with a complaint to the appropriate authorities on this.

Maybe our collective voices will have an impact. I certainly hope someone is paying attention.

Comments

28th of Jan, 2007

Dear Sheila:

We have a similar problem with ASC. On 1-9-07 my parents mailed off a mortgage payment to their offices in Greenbelt, Maryland. According to the Grennbelt Maryland Post Office, ASC vacated that building on 1-12-07 without informing their customers. Now they call my father and brother and ask that another payment be sent to an office in Los Angeles along with a $50.00 late fee. This is the second time within one year that they lose our payment. The last time this happened was in Jan '06. In that instance the envelope came back marked "unable to forward" despite the fact that it was sent to the correct address. When they were informed about it, ASC assured us that the penalty would be reimbursed. However after checking with our escrow balance sheet, there's no such record of that late fee being applied to our account. At this point, my brother and I have decided to not only complain to our Attorney General in the state of Kansas but also to the Comptroller of the United States. Don't get bullied by these losers. The best way to beat a bully is in a court of law.

5th of Apr, 2007

What is this loan sharking. I have been charged late fees for no reason. When calling they try avoiding you by putting you on hold and may other questionable methods and games. I will follow legal action as well. but may be a class action is needed here. Will talk to some attorneys.

• Mr
      3rd of May, 2007

I have many problems with this company, i send my two loan payment at the same time and every month my big loan is after due just the one the other one is on time. This happened every month.

• Cy
      5th of May, 2007

We have had nothing but problems with these people we sent then paperwork in Jan & they told us that we would hear back NOT! we have been trying to find out a balance & they refuse to give it to us. I was told that a letter was sent April 4th 2007 it's now may 5th 2007 & I still have not received it. When I called them to find out info they say we have tried numerous times (we have a n answering machine but no messages left) I told her well if you call & don't leave a message how am i to know you called?. Our credit is shot now because of them & we can't refia to get rid of them so we are stuck until something or someone can help us. Stay far away from them. Anyone know of a way to refian & put in a stipulation to not be bought out by them ever. If we can request certain drs or other things we do not want to deal with why not a mortgage company.

• Er
      7th of May, 2007

First of all i am a collections rep for asc out bound collections... and first let me tell everyone do you know what asc is... its a NON-PRIME Loan servicer for everyone who doesn't know what that means it services bad credit loans, wait let me rephrase that horrible credit loans, and it makes me laugh when im talking to you and your there talking about how perfect your credit is and i see when im calling you and i see your true double digit credit scores... also your payments are due on the 1st not the 16th people who have bad credit seem to find this confusing thinking the 16th is your due date because thats when you get your late fee... also have you ever wondered why you get stuff from wells fargo with your mort. payment stuff , because asc is affiliated with wells fargo but wells fargo just doesnt want to be labeled the company with all the bad credit loans... how does asc end up with your loans... companies suck as freemont, countrywide, emc... etc companies originate loans the, prime loans (excellent credit) sub-prime (mediocre credit) and non-prime(bad credit)... the originating company keep your loan for 2 months if your lucky ,then thats where the fun starts the prime loans get sold to a company the non prime loans get sold to a company and then asc get all the non-prime loans get sold to asc... so i hope all this info answers your questions to why you have this horrible company servicing your loan... all because you all have horrible credit no one to blame but yoursel[censored]

Oh yeah i know asc is a screwed up company but i also find it funny when i hear people talking about sueing asc... and winning... yeah right when you walk in the court room with your bootleg lawyer and then asc/wells fargo comes in with its all-star team of lawyers who get paid more in 1 day then your lawyer will make in a year... do you really think your going to win your lawsuit.

• Ci
      12th of May, 2007

I am having a problem right now with ASC. I made my April Payment on 4/30/06 via a check number. I had a problem with my account and called them back immediately stating that I needed to cancel that check number and make the payment again. She said it would be ok. I cancelled the appropriate check number ($25 fee from my bank) and they took the payment over the phone. I come to find out that the check that I stopped payment on went through because they put it in as an automatic debit without the check number and then tried to put the 2nd payment through also. They did it 3 times before I noticed. I do not understand why they ask you for 2 check numbers to do the transaction and they don't even use them. I am not out $100 in stop payment fees and bounced fees. Thank God I didn't have it in there or they would have destroyed my entire account.

• Le
      23rd of May, 2007

They did this same thing to me, now I'm in foreclosure.

• Da
      31st of May, 2007

ASC is run by a bunch of incompetent people. I refinanced my mortgage back in December 2005. I made one payment to my new mortgage company. It was getting close to the first of the month before my next payment was due so I called the mortgage company to see if I could do a phone transaction. However, they said they no longer have my mortgage. They sold it to ASC. I knew this could happen so I was not surprised. They told me since they no longer have my mortgage I do not owe them anything. They gave me the phone number to ASC. I called ASC and the representative welcomed me to ASC, but told me I was all set since they received the mortgage before payment was and I was up to date. Then the nightmare began. Approximately two months later I received a letter from ASC informing me that I did in fact owe the money. By now the money was gone. I paid other bills with it. I explained what happened, but they did not seem to care. The set me up on a repayment plan. We went over all my finances and expenses. They could not think outside the box. Only they computer she was using told her what I could afford to repay monthly. Forget about the extras like food, school activities and other unforeseen expenses. The only wanted their money and refused to hear what I know I could repay. Then the kicker. I finally got caught up. But, since I was struggling to pay my higher mortgage payment I got behind in my property tax. I pay this directly to the city. I received a letter from the city regarding the taxes. They must have sent ASC this letter, but I did not know this. I made an agreement with the city to Pay smaller monthly installments instead of the large quarterly until it was caught up. ASC took it upon themselves, without my knowledge, to pay the taxes up in full with one of my mortgage payments. Again, about a month and a half went be before I was informed of this. I received a phone call from ASC telling me I was behind once again. Now they have included my taxes and the repayment of the money I owe from them paying my taxes in monthly installments. Needless to say my monthly payment has jumped considerably. Working with ASC is worse than getting your tooth pulled. Nobody from ASC was upfront about anything from the beginning. Now I am trying to put all the pieces back together so I can try to refinance out of ASC and repair my credit. Up until I had ASC I had good credit. Now I'm afraid it is in the toilet. Stay away from ASC if you can.

• Ro
      20th of Jun, 2007

I strongly agree with the comments!! This company brought my loan after a company who had it for a month sold it off. I got a phone call with a canned message. to call my mortgage servicing company. I then asked for a letter from the company on company letter head signed in ink. 1year after i have not received this simple letter. I have nothing that states that they are my company!! If they are the loan holder then they should send a letter ON COMPANY LETTERHEAD SIGNED IN INK!!! Not a unreadable print copy.

Is there any help for people? Do more people have to loose homes before we as American do what it takes to stop this crap!!! If we all only pay enough to take care of the sale price of the home the cannot kick the entire country out of their homes and companies like this will be gone from this earth!! Also is their any way to contact this company by email or is your only option to fight it out by telephone.

• Fe
      13th of Jul, 2007

What are you waiting for? Contact the Federal Trade Commision. Use their website to file a complaint. It works. If everyone compains, FTC will be jammed with complaints.

26th of Jul, 2007

ASC says i didn't send them my June payment, so i sent the copy of my CASHED check, front and back. They are now researching it. they said they have to "find the $" and my cashed check doesn't mean a lot. WHAT? How is that my problem? Do they not believe me or my bank? Basically, this is the second time this has been in "research" the first research file was closed for no reason and not researched. I call customer service but no one will talk to me, they said they will only communicate via US mail. What some jerks, meanwhile here i sit.

6th of Sep, 2007

I totally agree with all of you except for the jerk that says he works for ASC.
    I had refinanced my load in early 06 to get away from ASC, everything was great until I received a letter from ASC in may of 06 saying that I was behind and owed them almost 4000.00, and it has been nothing but a nightmare with them, I send my payments in the mail at even got out of my way to drop them right at the post office but the still never receive then "ontime" Now I get another letter stating that my property taxes are going up in Oct and my payment will be another 300.00 What are these people crackheads or something.

I have not had a chance to call my town to find out about this... but I also only live in a very small condo about 795 sq ft. I had fairly decent credit until this company came along and now when I try to refinance I have no equity because the sales are down and I have already filed a complaint with the BBB of Maryland but that still doesn't do anything. I am at my wits end... single mom of 3 kids and working my ### off just to pay them... let alone have any money left over for food, gas, school, etc...

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS???
    I think I am gonna have to foreclose :(

RRRGGGHHH I HATE ASC!

5th of Nov, 2007

ASC must be stopped! I read all your letters & all has happened to me w/ in 6 months w/them! I no longer have credit, they,ASC, wants $22,000.00 for escrow, and $7500.00 for flood insurance! When ASC bought my old mortgage, I had flood insurance, and still do, and what happened to my escrow account? When I call ASC, no one can tell me where my monies are being applied! I write " for principle payment only" on the checks, but it does not go there! I am afraid to send in another's month payment! I contacted the FTC & DCCA regarding these thieves! I am so pissed off, how can our government allow these modern day "Robin Hoods " to continue raping us???

• Er
      4th of Feb, 2008

Asc has no clue. my wife and i bought our homein March of 06 we were pressed to geta mortgage andmoveas we had sold our home we were living in. Our credit was not great but by no means bad or terrible, mid 600's our mortgage borker said that the sub prime loan that the sub prime loan would wokr perfect as long as I refied in two years. We signed the papers and all was good. in two months our loanwas sold tolitton loan svc great people. they sent me a letter and called to make sure that I understood they had bought my loan. I mad three payments to them. a few days after the 3rd payment cleard I got a phone call from ASC stating i was late. . I did not know who they were. i immediatley sent them another payment. when i bought my home the survey was certified as a non specail hazard flood zone. Meaning I did not need flood insurance. Asc sent me aletter stating I was ina flood zone and was required to purchase flood or they would force flood. I refused. in april of 07 they forced flood at a rate of over 1500 a year. Opened an escrow account and raised my payment to cover past curent and future insurance. We sent asc the information backing our claim of not needing flood they didnt respond. We sent it again they said we sent it to the wrong dept we sent it again its alomst a year later andstill no response we are still being charged flood that i am not paying due to not paying the flood ASC has defaulted my mortgage. We have taken legal action against ASC adn they have since stoped cashing my mortgage payments. its been two years that i have had this loan. instead of refinancing. Im sueing , my credit is ruined they want to froclose. and the worst part. The bank that wants to froclose is not Wells fargo., I dont even know who holds my mortgage. I have filed complaints with the federal tradecommision adn the flroida trade commision these people cannot be alowed to continue buisness.

• Ka
      10th of Apr, 2008

Wow! I thought I was the only one that had this happen! I think I had both situations, the transfer from one company to the other where I paid the company and was somehow behind with the other that took 4 to 6 months to clear up and then the tax problem where I paid the home taxes and then ASC did without my knowledge and then set up an escrow and I ended up paying double taxes that nearly sent me in to foreclosure. That episode took 8 months to clear up. I periodically check my credit rating and demand that they clear up my credit because it is false and it HAS to be corrected. It is sad how we are taken advantage of. I will definately take down your website, Mr. Lewis, for future reference.