America's Servicing Company / RESPA violations - horrible service

United States Review updated:
My mortgage was sold to this company from Option One in October of 2006. I have had nothing but problems from the day it was sold. They do not have convenient methods of payments. You have to pay $15 every time to pay by phone. The straw that broke the camel's back was last month when I called to make my payment they advised me my payment increased due to taxes. I asked the rep when did they send me the revised payment she could not find any records of this notification. They refused to take my normal payment, they demanded the new amount stating the SYSTEM could not process partial payments. I advised this was a RESPA violation. I asked to speak to a manager, all I ever get is a senior rep!! This company is horrible. They advertise a website that does not work! The reps are rude & unprofessional to say the least.

D  12th of Jul, 2007 by
It does suck having to pay the $15 but most companies charge to pay by phone... you can always mail a check for free. As someone in the business it is not a RESPA violation to not accept a partial payment. Also, if your taxes go up causing your payment to go up you should contact your taxing authority... or you can always see if you qualify to delete your escrow so you don't have to worry about it.
A  13th of Jul, 2007 by
Good idea. Report to FTC (Federal Trade Commission). It works. Go to their website

America's Servicing Company [ASC] Logo America's Servicing Company [ASC]