American Van Lines / moving company not what they promise
My husband and I are both educated (as physicians) we researched moving options and although AVL may quote your move on the higher end, we read reviews that they were reliable, good CS, etc so chose them after much comparison. This has been a huge mistake.
Our move was from Mississippi to Stanford, which is substantial. They promised a 3 day pick up window and failed, leaving our home closing delayed and buyers upset. Communication was poor. They promise to provide a call 24 hrs prior to delivery but this is unreliable- they called, "furniture will be there Saturday"- no show then they don't pick up the phone. They call a few days later, "furniture will be there Thursday most definitely"- no show and no other phone calls. I have been left pregnant, with a two year old, sleeping on the floor for week. We would have booked an alternative such as hotel etc, except they continued to say "it will be there tomorrow." In addition we had no appliances, no couch and most other large furniture pieces were sold before the move- they quoted us 4-5000lbs then said it measured 8, 000lbs- without any appliances a couch etc, 8000 lbs is really not possible. We used this company on the premise it would be a reliable service, smooth transition, with only a three day pickup window as a guarantee. This has not at all been the experience.
Poor quality. Do not choose this service. Two physician colleagues moved at the same time as us-one used a pod service and the other Atlas and both had much better experiences.
More American Van Lines Complaints & Reviews
- American Van Lines - over charge $1147, 2182p they charged 4136p 
- American Van Lines - complete nightmare 
- American Van Lines - cheating on the job 
- American Van Lines - fraud!!! 
- American Van Lines - total rip off - thieves and crooks 
- American Van Lines - moving company
- American Van Lines - customer service
- American Van Lines - nightmare experience, deceptive practices
- American Van Lines - moving
- American Van Lines - load date estimate