American Van Lines / cheating on the job
This company picked up my furniture in New York City and was hired to take it to Los Angeles. I was driving across the country myself and needed the furniture to be delivered approx. three weeks after the pick up date because I was not going to be onsite sooner. They had me pay them $560 extra to hold my furniture for that time period. However, when I got to LA, the company did not delivery my things until another THREE weeks later and I had to sleep on the floor with nothing in my apartment while they kept telling me that it will arrive within a few days.
FInally, when the furniture arrived, the movers brought my things up into my apartment and left the couch for last. They then came to me saying that the couch does not fit in the stairwell and that they cannot help me. They left with my couch being stuck in the stairwell with me to handle on my own. I called another company that specializes in furniture disassembly so they could take the couch apart and bring it upstairs but when they arrived, they simply lifted it up and brought it up the staircase with NO issues. Because they were specialists in disassembly, they still charged me the full rate of $500. When I called American Van Lines and told them that the couch fit and that I had to pay other movers $500 to do it, they told me this was no longer their concern and could do nothing for me. This company also cracked open the headboard of a $8, 000 walnut bed as well as scratching up irreparably a white laquer Eames dresser.
More American Van Lines Complaints & Reviews
- American Van Lines - over charge $1147, 2182p they charged 4136p 
- American Van Lines - complete nightmare 
- American Van Lines - fraud!!! 
- American Van Lines - total rip off - thieves and crooks 
- American Van Lines - overcharges, breaks things, horrible customer service 
- American Van Lines - moving company
- American Van Lines - customer service
- American Van Lines - nightmare experience, deceptive practices
- American Van Lines - moving company not what they promise
- American Van Lines - moving