American Van Lines / cheating on the job

1 2000 North State Road 7Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 855-266-5176

This company picked up my furniture in New York City and was hired to take it to Los Angeles. I was driving across the country myself and needed the furniture to be delivered approx. three weeks after the pick up date because I was not going to be onsite sooner. They had me pay them $560 extra to hold my furniture for that time period. However, when I got to LA, the company did not delivery my things until another THREE weeks later and I had to sleep on the floor with nothing in my apartment while they kept telling me that it will arrive within a few days.
FInally, when the furniture arrived, the movers brought my things up into my apartment and left the couch for last. They then came to me saying that the couch does not fit in the stairwell and that they cannot help me. They left with my couch being stuck in the stairwell with me to handle on my own. I called another company that specializes in furniture disassembly so they could take the couch apart and bring it upstairs but when they arrived, they simply lifted it up and brought it up the staircase with NO issues. Because they were specialists in disassembly, they still charged me the full rate of $500. When I called American Van Lines and told them that the couch fit and that I had to pay other movers $500 to do it, they told me this was no longer their concern and could do nothing for me. This company also cracked open the headboard of a $8, 000 walnut bed as well as scratching up irreparably a white laquer Eames dresser.

American Van Lines

Mi

Comments

• Do
      17th of Sep, 2012

Search the net and file a complaint with FMCSA. Unfortunately you will not receive any money, but the "moving" company will be HEAVILY fined for any moving violations...perhaps fined a LOT more than you paid to them, plus your excessive expense, plus the amount of the damages!

• Is
      11th of Oct, 2012

Worst company ever to deal with. Everyone from the esitmator, move coordinator to the customer service is just pathetic, Not only were they late is picking up my furniture, they delivered it after 3 weeks. They lost the screws to my computer desk and the driver left and never came back claiming he was going to get the screws from his truck. Had to make over 50 calls to the incompitent customer service. file claims and over a month and no one in the company knows where my claim is. The customer service ### called and kept speaking over me ( customer has to right to raise thier concern). SAVE yourself money and do not EVER do business with these idiots

• Av
      13th of Nov, 2012

Dear Customer,

American Van Lines Relocation Division regrets to hear of your dissatisfaction with our moving services. With the information you have provided us with, we are unable to locate your move with us. We are aware that you would like to remain anonymous, however, if you a re indeed a customer we would like to speak with you to address your issues. Call us at 1-800-338-9361. You may contact us at our office to discuss your concerns as soon as possible as we always like to ensure that our customers are satisfied with our services. Please call and provide your job ID # and name so we can further assist you with your issues.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

American Van Lines Relocation Division.