American Mint / scam!

1 120 E south stSeymour, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4179352446

I filled out survey paid shipping and handling and never received bald eagle with mountains collectors knives and never received free watch.

Comments

• Gh
      1st of Jul, 2015

Im pissed, I guess im considered ELDERLY, Im in my mid 50's but anyway, I just got taken for 89.95. I authorized $4.95 to de taken from my debit card and they took the 89.95 because i didnt crossout the fine print on the order form at the bottom right hand corner. At first customer service said they would reimburse me because the order hadnt been sent out yet. Then after 20 minutes on hold the story was completely differant. They said the order was already sent out and by me not crossing out that paragraph, that meant that i paid the 89.95 for future coins in the collection. Wow, who pays for something that they have no idea what it is theyre paying for????All that paragraph says is if i wish to not be sent previews of future collections then crossout that paragraph and if I wish to keep getting previews then do nothing. How does that turn into paying 89.95 for the future coin in the collection. Bottom line, I only authorized 4.95 to be taken and they took 89.95 non refundable-BULLCRAP!!! Somehting needs to be done and im going to do my part guaranteed, Im a lawyer so we'll see who laughs last. G. Hartshorn

3rd of Jul, 2015

I have had nothing but good service from American Mint. I followed the instructions on the order card and mailed the required a mount and have always received the product ordered and the free items without complaint an am satisfied with their product. So it sounds like we have a lot of dummies expecting to get something for nothing. I agree with the above writer Supervlad666

• Ir
      29th of Jul, 2015

Ordered a coin which cost me $79.00. Received it and noticed the case was cracked and the coin holder card was a mess. Sent them an email and they promised to send me a new coin holder and display case. Some 6 weeks later and nothing arrived. As I had already paid for the coin it appears that there's no rush in sending me the replacement part. Emailed them again yesterday and got another promise that it will be sent to me. After reading an article on line by an ex employee of American Mint I decided that I am not dealing with them anymore. I'm going to attaché that article for others to read. One final note which can help future customers, don't pay by credit card, pay by money order or check only. That way they cannot hit your credit card for items damaged or not received. Here's that article, enjoy.

This is on the internet and from a ex American Mint employee!!!
    Wow, I never looked at American Mint on the internet while I worked there for several years. I know how many people we pissed off over the years. First, 90% of the coins they sell aren't worth anything at all. They are collectibles and only worth what somebody is willing to pay for them. American Mint is owned by a Germany Company HMK GmBH. Initially, most coins were ordered from a Germany Company Munz-Pragstatt GmBH Munchen (referred to as MPM). Although still not worth much, the collectible coins were of much better quality. As a coin line becomes more successful, we send the Germany coins to China to be copied! MPM has no idea we get coins from China or we send their coins to China to be copied. The China coins are crap. The quality is horrible as you can see real distinct color differences. But here is the bottom line, here is a typical American Mint promotion. This special whatever named coin for only $4.95 plus shipping.
    Okay, here is where the fun begins. Say the coin was a regular gold layered or silver-layered copper nickel bought by them from China. Usually, these coins will cost American Mint approximately $0.80-$1.50. They are charging $4.95 for the coin plus $4.95 shipping and handling. This would be a total of $9.90. They use FedEx Smartpost as their shipper and can ship anywhere in the US under a pound for about $1.74. Total cost to American Mint approximately $3. At $9.90, that is over a 300% profit. When a customer orders one of these promotional coins, they are entered into a subscription program. They can opt out of this but it is buried in the small print. In about three weeks, the customer will receive another collectible in the series of coins. This is where American Mint makes their money. These subscription coins are often sold at $79.95. Often, they are the same China coins bought by American Mint for $0.80-$1.50. Now that is quite a profit.
    They put Certificates of Authenticity with each coin. What a joke especially for real United States currency coins they sell. For years and years, they advertised and certified these coins as being in Extremely Fine condition. An example of this was a promotion they ran with the 1907 Indian Head Penny. The certificates stated they were in extremely fine condition. The coins were never graded. I probably verified several thousands of these coins in my time there. Based on the coin red book, most of these were good or very good condition. The difference in price for good-very good and extremely fine is about $8. In fact, they were selling this way for years until they got worried about False Advertising. So what they had me do is reinsert new certificates into the coins saying they were good or very good condition. No attempt was made to tell the customers they were misled. This occurred many times with Franklin Half Dollars, Peace Dollars, Morgan Dollars, and Indian Head Pennies. Probably, thousands and thousands of these coins went out in extremely fine condition.
    If you are buying real coins, you are probably better off going to a local coin dealer as American Mint marks up real currency as much as 50% of their cost. Beware of this company. I learned the hard way all about them. I'm currently drafting 51 letters to the Attorney General of each State and Washington DC to outline other business practices

• El
      9th of Oct, 2015

iRECEOVED a GLDCOIN TODAYAND I hAD NOIDEA I WAS TORECEIVE A sECOND
    COINALOBNG WITH A INVOICE FOR 99.90 iWILLBE HAPPY tO RET U RN THE SECOND COIN PROVIDED YOUSEND ME ARETURN ADDRESSi I DO NOTPLAN TO PAY THE INVOICEAND WILLBE HAPPY TO RETURN IT TO YOU . I Didnotknow I would rececive one coin a month IF ioRDERED THE FREE ONES. please advISE ej gaLES @3916
    SHILOH RIDGE Edmond oklahoma

• Ro
      16th of Dec, 2015

My 82 year old Mom was also ripped off by these people. not only for one, but 5 of the 24k gold plated banknotes for 89.95 + shipping for me for Christmas presents. I called complained and told them these were not worth five dollars, and said they were a rip-off and was told they really look pretty by their Rep. It's sad how they tricked her into this worthless 100.00 Banknote coin that is selling on ebay right now for 2.50 w/free shipping. I agree with everyone else, These people are crooks and need to be shut down. These items are useless and cost my Mom more money than she can afford to spend. Thinking they were 4.95 when actually costing almost 100.00. each. HELP THE ELDERLY-DON'T RIP THEM OFF...

• Su
      24th of Dec, 2015

I sent my check on November 9th, 2015, and expected the knife in return. I have received nothing, and it is Christmas Day today. Is no way I can communicate with them further, they have no address.

• Sh
      26th of Jan, 2016

I just received a notice from a collection agency that claims I owe American Mint $102.40. I am unfamiliar with American Mint and National Recovery Agency. At no time have I ever ordered or contacted either of these entities for anything whatsoever. I attempted to call the collection agency and was only encouraged to make a payment by phone. This was not acceptable. I am 77 years old and of sound mind and body. My next move is to contact my State Attorney General and the State Attorney General of Pennsylvania. If anyone there can be of further assistance, it would appreciate it.

6th of Feb, 2016

I ordered 1 silver Eagle for $19.95 + $4.95 shipping, and paid them $24.90 for it, on 23 October 2015. I sent the rest of the junk "coins" back because they were worthless, just plated pot metal.
    That was in October last year. Now, a full 3+ months later, hey send me a bill for $99.95 for the junk coins that I sent back to them.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM ...THEY ARE LIARS AND RIP OFF ARTISTS

22nd of Feb, 2016

ive also payed for a statue of liberty archival ed coin back at the first of year and still havent recieved it yet but get all kinds of other mail to buy other stuff

• Sh
      4th of Nov, 2016

I am an EX-employee of American Mint. First I will tell you that American Mint is legite, HOWEVER, they are very shady people, with their customers and their employees. A company that has very shady people with their customers are NOT LEGITE. They are lying thieves who prey on the ignorance of people just to get rich. You talk about a company that is legal but shouldn't be allowed to do business, that is plan parenthood . This company is like a lot of companies who pay the government to look the other way, and done care about anything expect making money for themselves.

• Dm
      3rd of Jan, 2017

Why are these people not prosecuted or brought under some sort of investigation for their deceitful practices and scams against the elderly?? They did the same to my dad. And then they don't answer the phone, or answer for their misdeeds. Stay far, far away from this company!

• Ra
      15th of Feb, 2017

They are definitely a shady company. They charged us $79.95 for coins we NEVER ORDERED and NEVER RECEIVED, then it took me nearly two months for customer service to respond to my emails. When they did and finally agreed to send us a post loss claim form, we returned the form and instead of giving us the full refund of $79.95 that they said they would, they only gave us back $9.90. So far they've not responded to my subsequent emails. I finally messaged them on facebook. If I have to call again, the person on the other end will not be happy. And if they don't refund us in full, my bank has already agreed to file a fraud claim against them.

21st of Mar, 2017

SCAAAAAAAM! ordered the bald Eagle Knife. Beautiful Knife but it seemed second hand with cuts and Chips. Do not go for the scam. These guys are desperate. If you call customer service, it's like speaking to the wall. As a matter of fact, I recommend you speak to the wall if you want better results. I was looking so forward to it. Their loss, but above all, my stupidity to believing in this company.

• Le
      17th of Mar, 2018

Thankful I have not purchased from American mint . I was looking at there products & OMG . They are selling a 1oz silver Ben Franklin 100 bill for 195.00 . Gees you can purchase a 4oz duplicate bill for 79.00 . On top of that they have very confusing & misleading statements that one who don't know any better can get ripped off very easily . I was so mad that I wrote them a email & told them what I thought about it .I'm sure the employees just read it & laugh . A co. like this is what gives reputable dealers a black eye . Please, please no one buy any thing from here . I can not understand how some one can work @ this place with out being ashamed of there self . After looking @ there web site & writing them I felt like I needed a bath Leon Tucket / Kentucky

• Da
      13th of Aug, 2018

Why would anyone buy Trump's speeches since they are free and on TV every night? This company should be shut down by PA in their lawsuit!