American Mint / terrible service!

1 5020 Louise Dr. Ste 300Mechanicsburg, PA, United States Review updated:

Upon receiving my order, the box contained the item to which I did not order. I then called customer service and spoke with a very nice lady. I explained what I had received, to where I was informed the proper order would be shipped with a return address label. She then informed me to pack the original order in the same box I had receive and attach the label. I would not be charged return postage.

The second package arrived. Upon opening, I located the return label. Next I located the item that was to be corrected with my proper order. This item was the same which was placed with the first order.

Now for the third time calling American Mint, I spoke with a male personal. This is were I spoke with the Customer Assistant we all dread. Since this transpired with several items, I will just keep this contact short. At the get-go of the call, one could tell it was going to be very difficult. After salutations, he asked me for my account number. I read this number to him three times were he insisted I had the wrong number. This number was the one highlighted and also the one I gave the first contact. His voice was getting very upset. He asked me for other personal information and looked this on his computer. He read back the same number I had given him. Very sarcastically he informed me to use this number and this number only when I call back. I reinterated that this was the number I gave him first. He jumped and added that I was wrong. I could not get another word in as he repeated stated, 'What ever, What ever.'

I stopped at this point and asked him to assist me with my dilemma. Upon explaining what I had received he told me to place the second item inside of the return box with the intial order. I added that the box was sealed with the label attached. The sound and tone of his voice was increasing belligerent. He keep over talking to me like a child. I heard sighs and other sounds one hears in dealing with someone whom is a non believer. His temper keep increasing. There I asked to speak with a supervisor. Within an instant he informed me that she was not available. I then asked to speak with the manage. Again a quick answer stating that no one in the office was higher than the supervisor. He snidley told me that he would connect me to her voice mail. I informed him that I would wait for when the supervisor was available. He voice keep escalating while overtaking repeating this orders to wait for the label and mail the items back. Since I no longer wished to continue talking with him, I closed the conversation.

I wrote a letter and e-mail explaining my experience to this complaint as well as leaving a message the the supervisor, but I have yet to talk to anyone. This experience should not be allowed to happen to anyone. As of this letter, I can not wait to return both of the mixed orders and remove them from my 'favorites list'

Va

Comments

• Lc
      8th of May, 2008

I having same problems with American Mint. Don't ever give them your credit card information. They continue to send items you don't want and charge your credit card. I cannot reach them by phone, they haven't answered my snail mail or emails! File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They are running a racket, are completely unethical and need to be shut down!

• Or
      27th of Aug, 2008

Management of this company do not respond to complaints of wrong item shipment, even after I paid the postage on sending the product back. I also received a product whose quality did not meet the standard I expected and sent it back. My correspondence has never replied to. This company is definitely the worst that I have dealt with for offering satisfactory customer service and should have it's business license revoked. Orvel E Johnson

• Wh
      14th of Oct, 2011

In the future, do what I did and contact your state Consumer Complaint Department, in Wisconsin it is the Department of Agriculture, then contact you state's District Attorney's Office, finally the Better Business Bureau within the state of Pennsylvania. I am in favor of finishing off Mr. Young, the guy that is ducking his duties, he is by all means a true swindler.

• Wh
      14th of Oct, 2011

I have a box of his junk that has been opened however no item has been removed, I will ship it back to him providing I receive a free shipping label.

• Di
      28th of Oct, 2018
    American Mint - charges for a product I did not order or received and do not want.
    Woodinville
    Washington
    dinabaukje@gmail.com

I am being charged for the speeches of D.Trump.
    I never ordered them, did not get them and do not want them and I certainly do not want to pay for them.
    This happened to me before and I am extremely annoyed by it.
    You want me to write more about it in order to get an answer, but this is all I have to say.

11th of Nov, 2018
    American Mint - Coins were ship and invoice without authorization.
    Mechanicsburg PA 170550010
    contact@americanmint.com

2/14/2017, two coins and a wristwatcfh were mailed to me without authorization. No order were place for these itmes. Previously, request that costomer service deparment to cancel my account. Request that they send me a shipping label to return items. No response.

• Da
      12th of Nov, 2018
    American Mint - no service. cannot contact about returns.
    Mechanicsburg
    Pennsylvania
    contact@americanmint.com

They sent me coins I did not request and when I tried to contact then about returning them, I was not able to make contact by phone or e-mail. They are billing me for coin I did not order.