American Memorabilia / breech of contract

1 NC, United States Review updated:

In November 2007 I sent AMI 3 rare old NFL jersey, 2 were HOF'ers. ALL were sold in their February 2008 Auction. After numerous false stories about their winning bidder requesting more time, and more stories of post dated checks (they dont accept chjecks!) I still was not paid by June 2008! Finally in mid July 2008 Iwas paid the full amount, I was told the seller fee would be waived, it was NOT!! Extremely unethical and late on payments! In addition I sent them several items, some with LOA's, the itemsdwere returned but they kept the LOA's, go figure????
My contract stated thay I was to be paid within 60 days of the end of the auction, instead it took 161 days to be paid!! AMI took full advantage of the fact that I was deployed to Iraq during this time (Nov-June) and attempted to string along and lie to my wife! I returned early from service and had to deal with these people personally!!

Comments

• Th
      9th of Aug, 2009

When you say you "had to deal with these people personally", can you please elaborate?

• Or
      2nd of Sep, 2009

Glad I read this - was going to bid on items in their recent auction (ending 9/3/2009), but am afraid I would send payment and not receive the items. As a buyer, I have been more than happy with their service - they have been timely in their mailings, and have been accurate with their billing. Even the shipping and handling is relatively reasonable. But after reading this, I just have a bad feeling. My business will stay with Huggins & Scott, Lelands, Grey Flannel and Robert Edwards. They are ones I have purchased from regularly over the years and have never had any problems. Thanks again.