American Income Life Insurance / The truth!

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I too was fooled by the lure of infinite wealth. Interviewers beware. I was brought aboard as a master general agent. I was privy to the real deal...

Fact: if you are tenacious and have the work ethic, you can make a realistic 35-60, 000 your first year... But you had better be willing to work 7 days a week, with very long hours and have little or no family time.

Fact: you will be hired and quickly promoted if you show any talent, however; be wary of your promotion. The philosophy is promote, and have the newly promoted person recruit, and train new agents, and if that promoted person burns out from the extra workload hopefully he has replaced himself 4 times over with new recruits.

Fact: ail does have lifetime renewals. If you are fortunate enough to stick it out for 10 years, you will receive your lifetime renewals, but the products are so ridiculously overpriced, that anyone with half a brain shops around and finds a way better price for the same product and cancels. These cancellations do not affect your weekly pay at first, but rather are taken from your renewal fund, that is until it is empty... At that point your front end pay is affected and reduced and even taken away... Most everyone at ail has gone through "retention hell" for the simple fact that the product is not competitive in the marketplace, and cancellations are inevitable...

Fact: ail is one of the fastest if not the fastest growing insurance company in the world. That is not hard to believe, since the products are so ridiculously priced that many of the policyholders probably cancel before ever making a claim, thus boosting the net worth of the company... The real shame is that the program does work, at the expense of others. Many managers take advantage of people, lure them in with promises and turn and burn them... Ail is an agent mill, with constant turnover in the lower ranks. If you are looking at insurance opportunities, I would advise you to look hard and ask many questions if you are considering ail... Ask to attend the weekly meeting. Find out how long everyone has been there. If you have a lot of long-timers, I would say the state general agent is a good person, who believes in taking care of his agency. If the only ones who have been there longer than one year are the mga and ga ranks, run and don't look back.

J

Comments

• Mi
      29th of Apr, 2009

Whether you can or can't, YOU'RE RIGHT!!! First of all, you don't have to take my word for it. AM Best (www.AMbest.com) has ranked AIL with an A+ rating. That's the highest rating you can get for an insurance company that has been around 50+ years. Also yahoo jobs ranked us #37 in the top 100 places to work in 2009. (http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/HotJobs100/index.html) Working at AIL is like having your own business. You are a contract self employed individual. If I owned a starbucks franchise, I would work it knowing that my results are a reflection of my effort. It is a turnkey system that I have to follow in order for my business to be successful. So if I'm not there at 6AM and a customer wants to buy coffee, then that's my loss. Now if I don't want to be there at 6AM, then I have to hire more help.

Statistically, 5 out of 10 businesses fail in the first year. Out of the 5 that make it, 4 of the 5 will fail in 5 years. Most people focus on the failure rate (they think about getting up at 6AM and don't do it). But a FEW people focus on the on success. Ask any successful business owner. There are some key similarities. They went into business knowing the odds, but still pulled through because they believed in their product or service, and they believed in themselves.

If you believe in coffee, then open a Starbucks. If you believe in Life Insurance, then work at AIL. There is only one guarantee in life. We will all pass away. How could a product that insures your life be bad for your family? Sure there are cheaper products out there, but aren't there always? Isn't there cheaper coffee out there? Sure there is! But people continue to pay $4 for a cup of coffee because they are paying for more than coffee. They are paying for an experience.

Your career at AIL is determined by the experience you give to your customers. If you are passionate about your product, committed to your customers' well being, present yourself in a professional manner, and do the RIGHT thing EVERYTIME, you will be successful.

• Fa
      14th of Oct, 2009

Mike B has to be the stupidest person posting on this website. Strange how he also works for AIL.

20th of Jul, 2011

I don't see how mike b is "stupid" his facts all check out. Maybe one should do research before resorting to ignorance

22nd of Mar, 2014

I worked for AIL too and I don't like their practices, I don't like their methods. I found them to be dishonest and they hound customers and potential employees with phonecalls. They're trying to charge me for the advances they paid me now that I've quit. That should be money I earned after i PAID for my own classes, dragged my trainer's sorry rear end around in MY car and sold policies for two months. Now they want money from ME? I don't think so.