American Income Life / Company

Denver, CO, United States Review updated:
2.5
I just read this blog about american income life and was totally amazed by the lack of truth to the whole situation. After reading this blog, i went and did my own research and found that american income life is the fastest growing insurance company in the world. They are in all 50 states and 17 countries abroad. The have been in business since 1924 and have never done any advertising. They supply life and health insurance to labor union, credit unions, and large associations. They have been doing this for over 56 years and have an a+ superior ratiing with am best. Which is the highest rating an insurance company can have based upon market share and customer service. Sounds pretty strong to me! Jonathan obviously wasn't listening very well when he went through the interviews because it is one of the biggest selling points that the managers talk about. No other company in the world has grown this fast, this large, with no advertisment. This company has provided these benifits to the police, firefighters and labor unions for 56 yrs with little to no complaints.

Also i went on insure.com and pulled down individual life insurance and found that american income life was ranked 3rd in the state of colorado with over 756 companies in the state!

I don't believe that jonathan really did any homework. I believe that jonathan was not hired and is very upset about loosing the opportunity and now has spent all of his time whinning about it to the public.

There is a reason that american income life does a 3 phase interview process and that is to find the top 10% of the best out there and not hirer losers like jonathan!

No comapany in the world could be as strong as american income life is without be a great comapny and never have to advertise. All of their business comes from referrals and if your not doing a great job and providing an outstanding service your not going to make it in todays times.

I think the success of american income life speaks volumes for itself!

Comments

Je
  19th of Dec, 2007
I think the the people here complaining about American Income Life Insurance company don't have anything better to do! First of all, maybe this job isn't for you, but just because it's not for you it don't mean that you have to talk bad about the company, if this was a fraudulant company then, it wouldn't be in service for as long as it has! You just need to back off and let the agents do their work. They are trying to be something and make money! Every job has its ups and downs. DON'T COME ON HERE AND TALK LIES ABOUT A COMPANY THAT YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT.
Be
  19th of Dec, 2007
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
What are the chances these people work for or know somebody who works for this company?
Tj
  31st of Jan, 2008
I had them call me for an interview and thanks to all this I am not going to call back!!
I think door to door is a worthless trade, with minimal income potential. I deliver pizzas and make twike what they were offering for a great month of sales. maybe if they would spend some money on advertizing, they could stop waising our time/gas/money!
An
  11th of Feb, 2008
Information regarding the bad business... recently I worked for American Income with the record holder for ALP. Him and his brother were given the opportunity to run their own office. The office was going great setting weekly quota records for the office size. The office survived 13 months, how is this possible you ask?? Well since AIL is so nice in paying its agents up front the "top office agents" including mr. ALP record holder would sign up their friends on large policies paying the first month or two premiums for these individuals. Its an unfortunate situation because the agents who were actually creating good, solid business were basically forced to quit. Our office goals were 2500 ALP per week which honestly was not hard to obtain, especially for myself. But to all you hard working AIL agents be aware no matter how locked in you think you are with AIL... YOUR NOT.
Sa
  14th of Feb, 2008
Again, my question is are the benefits a scam or working for them is a scam?
Rc
  19th of Feb, 2008
The benefits are not a scam. You will hear anyone working for Altig claim that the company is rated A+ superior by AMs Best-which is true. That rating is based on the company's claims paying ability-AIL will pay claims on their policies. If you own a term policy, get rid of it and go somewhere else because you are paying THE HIGHEST term rate in the nation. Their whole life is a little above average price, and I believe it's safe to say that ultimately a package policy from AIL is over-priced (except for the accident coverage which is dirt cheap). If I could sit down with everyone I enrolled today, I would tell anyone who has a $20/week or above policy with the 10 year R/C coverage to drop it and go find cheaper coverage. For everyone else, I'd tell them they could easily find cheaper coverage elsewhere, but they could also find more expensive coverage as well.
An
  26th of Feb, 2008
Toby Potter does work for AIL, in my time there it was very obvious that this company is completely corrupt. If you want to waste your time and money by all means work with AIL.
Si
  2nd of Apr, 2008
Sounds like this guy is in the companies PR dept. I am canceling the interview I have scheduled for tommorow.
Ju
  6th of Apr, 2008
American Income Life / National Income Life encourages all complaints to be addressed by email to: jmsvacina@ailife.com
Fi
  17th of Apr, 2008
A ham sandwich can earn an A+ superior rating. It's a financial rating and has nothing to do with how they treat the cattle, I mean their employees. You can put in 70 to 80 hours a week of hard work and if you don't sell their bogus funeral insurance, etc. you will get canned. Yes it is commission; but why shouldn't I have been paid for their required in office continuing training and having to drive into the office to book appointments USING MY OWN CELLPHONE (they do not supply office phones for the agents to use). I could have booked these appointments from home and saved the high costs of driving which they don't reimburse. With the high costs of driving and gasoline today, it can cost you a lot of money to work for this company (along with your increased cellphone bills). If they fire you for lack of sales (and don't believe their claims that you are guarenteed to work for them for any guarenteed period which they claim in their hiring interview), you are out a lot of money out of your own pockets.

You may be able to earn $60, 000 your first year HOWEVER you are working the equivalent of 2 full time jobs in hours; then subtract your unreimbursed expenses and see what you have really earned for your trouble.
Ad
  17th of Jun, 2008
Just to clear the record about American Income I worked for the company about 10 months and it had it 's good points and its bad points. The manager's do care somewhat as long as you are with the company cause that's how they make money. But it took me a long time to realize that in the scripted presentation everybody is getting lied to in some way or another. They don't let know how rider's work, and how benefits fall off. They do lie to you about having a base salary... They don't reimburse you for anything. they allow people to quit their jobs and come work for them then make them pay for everything.. In my situation since I started to get in management they had me training people. They promised me a certain percentage of sales that they would pay me out of their pocket since I was the one doing all the trainig. then they would refuse to pay me. i literally went broke working at this company. It's really nothing more than a idea with selfish intent. They had me giving some of my sales to supposively ""grow my own agency"" its BS really. So if you have a family, or a mortgage or rent to pay expect to barely make it if you stay than more than a couple of months... Cause then you will start getting charged back for policies that fall off.. That's where you go broke... Oh by the way they didn't warn you that that could happen until you have already invested a month and 300 dollars in the company.
La
  18th of Jun, 2008
I am glad I came across this message board. I had just received a e-mail offering a job opportunity with AIL. I wanted to view their website and view company profile when I came saw these messages. I was going to call for a interview, but after reading these messages, mixed review, I think my instincts tell me not to. I am a single mother and the last thing right now that I need to do is shell out money to get money. I have no doubt that the company is financially successful, it has to be if it is in foreign countries. But the question is what is it's foundation based upon, good leadership, integrity, honesty...or is it based on make a profit no matter what. If part of their philosophy is not being truthful and honest and having the integrity in their core of values for their clients and to their employs, then I could never work for a company such as them, no matter how successful they are. For example of Adam's e-mail saying you get charged backed for the policies that fall off and them not being up front about it. And that's something one wouldn't expect to ask when hired or going through the interview process. That is poor leadership. If anyone wants to read about leadership, go get John C. Maxwell's books or go to his website. Excellent is all I can say!!! Maybe the people from AIL should take some of his leadership courses, it doesn't sound like they know what the meaning. Like I someone else said, just cause something is good on the outside, looks good, awards etc...doesn't mean they are solid in their foundation.
La
  18th of Jun, 2008
I meant to say they don't know the meaning...leadership.
Ci
  10th of Jul, 2008
Being with several different companies in management you will never get anywhere if you don't ask for help when you have no clue what you are doing. I have been with AIL for over 7 years and work very closely with agents, managers and everyone that walks through the door. There is no company in this world that has a picture perfect reputation, but the SGA that I work with cares and so do each and everyone of managers. Insurance is not for everyone. When you attend the insurance classes here they tell you that 86% of you will not make it in the business. In a class of 70-80 Ail will maybe have 2-5 people in class. What does that tell you? This is a career and not a job. If anyone told you it is a job that is wrong of them. If you are looking for a job you should be applying at McDonald's and work your way up. A professional looks for a career, something to make of themselves. I get a kick out of reading these emails because only disciplined candidates will make it in this business. You are basically given your own opportunity to go into your own business with out the start up costs. We provide all materials, office, phones for setting and office support 8 hours a day and your manager is available pretty much whenever you need them. We do not allow you to go out on your own until you prove to us that you can do this. Each day before you go out on your appointment you are required to do daily coaching with you mentor. Not every office is the same, but if you are going to complain make sure you state all the facts. This has really hurt our agency and we are honest in our emails, questions and interviews. When you come in for 3rd we tell you the great and also the worst scenarios. The reason you pay for your classes and licensing is because you own it. Most companies that pay for it keep your license or contract. You talk about honesty, integrity and leadership and about charge backs. If a person has alot of chargebacks they are not doing a service to our members. They most likely wrote something that was not affordable and did not do the take away. Peoples lives change from day to day. If someone walks into a clothing shop and buys a suit and then returns it. Do they get to keep the commission's? Not always. If they did the company would go broke. I also read on MSN that an insurance agent/broker is #1 for earning of six figures with out a degree or experience and people have earned that in their first year. I have personally seen it. All I can suggest to everyone is that if you are going to research a company really do your homework. Research is not always typing in a .com and see what bad things come up. If every vacationer did that all hotels would go out of business. I don't know of one hotel that has never received a complaint from something simple to something that could be very serious. I was in travel for 7+ years. Did you know that in some states you have a tax break for your first year you are an agent? Kinda makes up to those expenses. How many expenses would you have? Cell phone (there are some great plans out there and discounts through the companies)if a certain percentage is used for business it is a write off, car insurance? you would have anyways, pens? dollar store 24 for a buck, materials? supplied for you, gas? stores are giving kick backs check those sites on the internet for your city and you are given some back. I could keep going, but one more thing. You are given many opportunities to get you sales back up before they suspend you. We don't fire you because this is not a job. This is your career. You resign. Like I said earlier this is not for everyone. Don't take it out on a company for your lack of knowledge on how the business world works, but use it as a learning experience to make sure you ask questions and take your time on making a decisions. We always give people about 7 to 10 days to make a decision or contact when it may be a better time. Upfront with them to put 3 weeks worth of pay together because it is unpaid. We had someone leave because the training being unpaid and told us she was told that it was paid. On her hiring sheet it stated unpaid training. I just wish people would research not only the company but, what we believe in, where we have been, what we have done and where we are going. Visit the A.M. Best company website and insurance.
Ja
  17th of Jul, 2008
Dear Cindy,

You say that every company has its ups and downs. Yet not every company LIES about offering base salary! Not every company LIES about paid training. Maybe this career IS perfect for you because you are okay with being a liar. However, the rest of us prefer a little more honesty when we are inquiring about employment oppurtunities. And as for your McDOnalds crack, grow up. To automaticly compare any job that isnt your so called "career" to McDonalds is not only childish, but it shows a true lack of respect. Maybe this is why so many people have neative feelings towards this company. If your lack of respect is any indication of the other employees at this business, they probably werent being treated with respect either.
Ai
  20th of Jul, 2008
James- How can anyone that posts these comments on here have any respect for anyone! To bash a company because of one experience is childish. If you go to a store have one bad experience what do you do? Go to a website? If you do you have way to much time on your hands and should be spending that time looking for a job that you will be good at. These positions are not for everyone. If you had a bad experience with one agency don't make a snap judgement that all of them are going to be like that. People hear what they want to and so did you!
Ci
  22nd of Jul, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My comment about McDonald's was not a wise crack and I am not a liar. McDonald's is a job and you do work your way up. I did not cut down McDonald's or anyone that works there. You are defensive for some reason. I am not a liar and I have never told anyone that it is base pay, salary or they will be a millionaire within a year or even 10 years. We do not offer paid training and we do not tell anyone it is paid training. We let everyone know to be prepared to not have a paycheck for at least 3 weeks and if they are currently working they may want to keep their job for an extra week or two. Do not tell anyone ever how they work in a company unless absolutely know me and the office I work in or anyone. Each day I make sure I work with each and every person to make sure they understand what they are doing and will be honest with each and every person even if it may not be what they want to hear. When I interview someone I make sure that I am not doing what you are accusing me and everyone else of doing. I am sure some people may paint a great picture, but with that you have to remember to also turn the picture around, but that would be a perfect world and we are far from perfect including you.
Tj
  29th of Jul, 2008
I worked there about 2 months and made $1400 bucks for 60 hours a week. Sorry I can't post anymore, I'm too busy looking for honest work.

Bottom line...It's a scam.
Di
  5th of Aug, 2008
Hello,

I just interviewed with a friend of a friend that is looking to become a manager, and hire a new PR person in New Jersey. I was told its salary plus bonus, can work from home, they give travel/car allowance, pay for a % of the cell phone usage and I would have to go to school and pay for it myself because I would be taking the license with me no matter where I go. So, based on that information, I am wondering how other people are taking this as a scam? It seems pretty cut and dry to me. When I went into real estate five years ago I had to pay for my own class and license, so i would never expect otherwise. I mean, you have to spend money to make money. I've wasted a great deal of time and money in Real Estate, and I would do it all over again in a new career because the opportunity for lucrative growth means more to me than having just a job.
So is anyone that reads this an actualy PR rep that has worked for the company and can verify what I was told?
Lo
  4th of Sep, 2008
No one said the company didn't grow fast!!! No one stated their insurance benefits weren't great!!! But did you go through all 3 appts. I did questions were dodged. You are led into believing there is no COLD CALLING which you must do yourself. You are led to believe it is a managerial position which in FACT there is NO PAY for at least the first month possibly more because you attend their school to earn your insurance sales license. If you do not pass the test YOU CAN NOT SELL INSURANCE!!! The biggest front is NO WHERE does anyone tell you until the 3rd and FINAL interview that you need $750 to pay for their OWN school, finger prints and testing fees to get an insurance license. They may be a great insurance company but the $$$$$$$$$ they LIE and have you believing you will earn is a long way off.Who wants to work the hours of 1PM -9 PM Mon- Sat.? I have a Life and American Income is a JOKE???? What they pay you when you read closely is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Your gas is your responsibility.The training is your responsibility, they want your blood and all you receive are empty promises. I did it, I know I was lumped in with about 35 other hopefuls who had been mislead. When asked how I am supposed to pay for the fees it was said as fast as an auctioneer. So I said all I want to know is by when does this $750 have to be paid? Oh in 3 weeks or else you can not take the test. If you can work for NO money go ahead, but it kind of defeats the purpose of having a JOB!!! And to the idiot claiming this is childish you have no integrity.I SHOULD warn people about this joke!!! I don't lie, I HATE to be lied to. Who pays a JOB to work for them?
I can start an internet business and advertise (it), that same business with less money. The insurance classes are even taught by American Income in The American Income office!!! So again why would I give the boss my money!!! I thought the PURPOSE of being an employee was to GET PAID???????????????? Not to pay a fortune 500 company. The job presentation is a SCAM!!! The benefits are real. I was told I could expect to get paid in about 3 weeks, but another potential employee was told 5 weeks in the event the TEST was passed. I can't work 50 hour work weeks for 5 weeks or more and make nothing. And when it is all said and done the ONLY thing guaranteed is having a license if you pass, because you STILL have to call, set up appointments and SELL, SELL, SELL!!! Now as the saying goes any FOOL can learn from their OWN mistakes, but a wise person will learn from the mistakes of others. Now go on and be naive enough to feel we are just acting childish or better have a personal vendetta and WASTE your time and gas with American Income or be that wise person and realize they are a JOKE with good benefits!!! Go on I dare you!!! But I PROMISE YOU KNOW -IT- ALL you'll be posting your complaint if you deal with them. But don't listen to me.Most people have time and gas and oh don't forget the $750 to GIVE AWAY for 5, 6 7 weeks! Yeah right, that's why we work TO GET PAID, oh rich spoiled kids wouldn't understand that.

American Income Life Insurance Logo American Income Life Insurance