American home shield / plumbing
Last week I called American Home Shield because of a plumbing stoppage. A plumber was sent out and his diagnosis stated that there was a rubber piece in the main drain overflow pipe. The plumber could not remove the rubber piece and temporarily fixed the situation by propping the rubber piece with a skinny pipe and leaving the overflow pipe open.
This obviously did not fix the problem permanently. Then I was told by a followup phone call from AHS that AHS could not assist me any further until I removed the "foreign object" from the drain. However, the object in the drain is not a foreign object; it is part of the drain. It is the lid to the pipe that it fell into. On a Saturday my plumbing backed up again. I called AHS and was told that I had to talk to the Authorizations department which was only open Mon-Fri to argue the denial of service. Obviously, I cannot wait until Monday to argue the definition of "foreign object." I've called a plumber from the phone book to get it fixed.
It's a good thing that AHS was free and included in my mortgage for the first year; I only got duped out of a $60 service fee for the initial plumber. To fix the problem permanently, I was only charged $164 total. Even if AHS hadn't tried to weasel their way out of covering my problem, they would have only saved me $104.
I'll have my brother (a lawyer) threaten to sue on Monday for reimbursement from AHS. I'm in the military, working 65 hours a week and I don't have time to deal with crap like this.
More American home shield Complaints & Reviews
- American home shield - the truth about ahs 
- AHS Home Warranty Company - don't trust them 
- American Home Shield (AHS) - unable to cancel the policy 
- American home shield - rip off 
- American home shield - beware 
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - Washer
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - plumbing
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - service!!! or rather no service
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - air condition repair
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - living without ac for three weeks