American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] / a/c service request

Recently we submitted a service request for a non-working A/C unit and the company servicing the request came out and trouble shot the problem and advised my wife and I that the problem was the entire unit needed to be replaced. He mentioned that the previous company that did repair service on the unit basically was putting a Band-Aid on the system that was worthless because each of the past years we had trouble with the unit. He mentioned that due to working with AHS that he would have to submit the work order, wait for AHS to order the part and then schedule a time to come out to replace the unit. Almost a week goes by and we called the company several times with no response. Finally we get the representative that came out and he said he had a death in the family and wasn't able to come out to fix the problem until he finishes his personal family business. Now this leaves me and my family sweating in a house with no A/C. We tried to call his company to ask where is the backup person to finish the job and it took some time getting ahold of the office management and finally they tell us there is no one other than him. They mentioned they only have 2 people servicing their entire business. To me that is ridiculous and not fair to me and me family. Why not have someone either as a backup or on standby in case of emergency. We have wooden floors in our house that is sweating. Possible mold/mildew starting to buildup, my wife has bronchitis and this is the kind of service we are dealing with.

I do understand my policy and there could be delays but this is entirely unfair to me and my family having to sleep in a house in the summer month in the state of Mississippi with no A/C and dealing with a company who failed to provide adequate service. I am paying entirely too much for my house to have to sit and wait around to get this resolve. I do not have the money to pay someone on my own to fix this problem is the reason I took out this warranty service years ago. I need someone high in the corporate management chain to assist with this problem. We are also scheduled to leave for vacation tomorrow night for 10 days and cannot afford to leave my house closed in for 10 days with no A/C and that would also cause more complications to my property that I would have to deal with. I am urgently asking someone please help with this matter ASAP.

Regards,

Kevin Watson
Property address: 12340 Trish Blvd.
Biloxi, MS. 39532

Wa
Jun 13, 2018

Comments

• Ru
      18th of Jun, 2018

I notified AHS that a/c was not working. They accepted payment of $75 on my credit card. Sun. a rep. of Freedom a/c repair called and set up an apt. for today from 11 until 3. At 2:45 I tried to call Freedom to see if their repairman would be out. No callback. I tried to leave a message but told THEIR MACHINE WAS FULL AND THEY COULD TAKE NO MORE MESSAGES! It is now past 4:00 and still no call...
    Perhaps your company should employ more than ONE co. to use/ Freedom is NOT what I pay you for!
    Ruth Foster