American Health Advantage / Unauthorized billing

American Health Advantage
About a month ago or a little longer a lady called me asking about the program they had on discount Insurance. I had taken this out back 2006, they billed me for about 1 yr, they sent me a card or anything. I told her when she called I was no longer interested and I was going to a divorce and this account was frozen. I told the lady that after I got my own account I would call if I was interested in taking out the program again. Well I got on my checking account to find out they took 13 payments of 19.95 out of my account after I told her NOT too. 11 payments where taken out on 3-9-09 another 1 on 3-10-09 and 1 more on 3-25-09. I called the company and she said that she would credit the one on 3-25-09 but couldn't do the others until she reviewed the voice call. I told her I did not give permission and I want my money back in my account. She told me it would take 3-5 days to review the phone tapes before she could credit the money back in my account. I told her they had no right to take it out in the first place. I am so mad, I can not believe companies can just take your money without permission.

N  5th of Apr, 2011 by
I got a call today, telling me that I had asked for this discount program. I tried to get the source of my request and she said they were on Good Morning American and had a back log, and that they were just now getting to peo0ple on the waiting list.

I do not recall calling this company, it sounded like a scam, is it?
N  5th of Apr, 2011 by
Interesting story, I am inclined to not sign up with a company if they have any complaints on this board. Thank you for this web site.
N  16th of May, 2011 by
I bougth one insurance from Linda, a sales rep. this was two weeks ago, I did't get any kit nor my id card yet and this company has withdrawn from my debit car de amount of $45.00...Please let me know who are the people in charge of this complaints...Thanks...Ms. Lillian Temple
N  16th of May, 2012 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I'm terribly sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience, Luiza. We do our best to make our Members aware of the renewal terms as they are included in the Member's Agreement that all of our Members receive. We do provide several methods of cancellation; including our toll free Member Services phone number, specific cancellation email addresses and of course via physical mail.

We have been dedicated to helping our members save money on their dental care since 2006, and we would love to do the same for you. We look forward to your giving us another opportunity to better serve you.

American Health Advantage - Member Services Department