American Greetings / overcharged
This company has obviously done their research. They know that most consumers will not be able to reach them while their 'trial membership' is in effect in order to cancel it. They make it almost impossible to reach them in fact with a very frustrating automated phone system with no obvious menu item for talking to a human. I'm sure that there is one there but I couldn't find it until I tried technical support. Once you miss canceling your trial membership (and most will no doubt) they will bill you $15.99 for a full year membership which you don't want. If you're lucky enough to notice this on your credit card statement as I was - good luck getting anyone on the phone to complain! There are multiple instances of disclaimers saying that there are no refunds once this billing has taken place - it's just your tough luck. The sad thing is that I actually thought that I had canceled this during the free trial.
This company is clearly taking advantage of people with the type of billing that has been all but banned amongst cable and phone companies who used to try to do this - offering a service for free as a hook and then forcing the consumer to jump through hoops to stop this service from becoming a cyclical automated billing nightmare.
DEFINITELY AVOID THIS COMPANY. Buy real cards!
More American Greetings Complaints & Reviews
- American Greetings - trap for the unwary 
- American Greetings - scam 
- American Greetings (MSN Ecards) - they bill for &free trial&, won't refund 
- American Greetings - unauthorized charges 
- American Greetings - american greetings e-card ripoff
- American Greetings Corporation - fraudulent monthly charge
- American Greetings Corporation - free trial cannot be cancelled 
- American Greetings - ecards
- American Greetings - job scam
- American Greetings - fraudulent billing practices