[Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse / poor service!
I was told by American Furniture Warehouse the new pillow top mattress and boxspring was manufactured by Therapedic. When I received the bed it was only a Therapedic box spring and a cheap pillow top mattress by some unknown manufacture called Medic (manufactured by Summit). I spent over $400 for the Full size mattress and boxspring. From the first nights rest I woke up with horrible lower back pain. I am in excellent physical shape and am not overweight by any means. There is no reason why my back never hurting from a bed would all of a sudden hurt. This went on for two weeks. I contacted American Furniture Warehouse and found out that the mattress was not a Therapedic. I was told that I purchased a Therapedic by their sales rep. Then they told me that I am stuck with the bed because it is like buying a bathing suit. Once you sleep on it, it is used and they won't take it back. So I had enough I went to Denver Mattress a very reputable company, purchased a brand new bed. They warranted my satisfaction for 30 days used or not used, they would take back if I wasn't completely satisfied. I live in a small home and didn't have a truck to donate the American Furniture bed to a charitable organization, so I asked Denver Mattress to haul it away.
I contacted two American Furniture Companies Customer Service Managers by mail, I received two phone calls from customer service reps to tell me they would not do anything for me. I am out over $400 and I will never shop American Furniture Warehouse again. Please take note of my experience and don't be deceived by their sales practices. You may think you purchased a name brand piece of furniture and you are not. They WILL NOT warranty their products.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] Customer Care's Response, Sep 11, 2009
Please contact me by calling me direct 303-727-3103. I would love to discuss this with you in hopes of resolution!!! We take customer complaints very seriously, please allow us to revisit your concerns.
American Furniture Warehouse
More American Furniture Warehouse Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse - financing
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse - the financing don't do it 
- American Furniture Warehouse - racial discrimination and bad customer service 
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse - poor quality furniture and customer service 
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse - customer service is the worst - canceled order & never told us 
- American Furniture Warehouse - refund
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] - power loveseat, couch, and recliner
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] - need to make a warranty claim
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] - customer service
- [Resolved] American Furniture Warehouse [AFW] - sectional reclining sofa