American Furniture Manufacturing / BAD QUALITY FURNITURE!

1 Springfield, IL, United States Review updated:

DO NOT BUY FROM AMERICAN FURNITURE!!!

I purchased a reclining love seat almost 2 years ago. It has been repaired 2 times by the store I bought it rom. The store has gone out of business. The company (American Furniture) now says it is only a 1 year warranty - when I was told different by the store.

Their furniture is JUNK and will not hold up!!! They will not stand by their product at all!

Ci

Comments

24th of Jul, 2014

I do agree with this person as well. I bought the Waverly Godiva Collection, and it didn't even hold up in a year of having it. The seat cushion started being flat, and little white fibers were sticking out of the seat fabric. Its cheap furniture being sold at high prices. When I buy furniture, I would like it last more then one year!

• Th
      2nd of Nov, 2014

I purchased a living room set made by American Furniture Manufacturing from Rooms to Go. The furniture did not hold up a year. And, I'm a single mom with one child - not like a lot of people using the furniture or a house full of kids and animals. The frame is falling a part and fabric is in shreds. It's one of the biggest regrets I have for an expensive purchase. I'm still paying off the Rooms to Go credit card but already want to throw the furniture in the dumpster, because I doubt I could get anyone to take this furniture for free. Very, very poor quality.

25th of Mar, 2018

Purchased a recliner from this manufacturer 18 months ago. within a week, the foot rest seam opened and most of the padding fell out. The frame has fallen apart several times. Arms fell off, remote control pendant case fell apart, fasteners came loose, the recliner mechanism locked up routinely, and the if reclined, the chair fell over backward multiple times. These recliners are a health hazard to any older person who buys one. They are poorly assembled (example - 38 staples in one arm joint just to retain the arm supporting nothing more than its own weight. Staples were too short, and only penetrated adjoining frame member by about 1/4". So many staples that the wood split into a useless pulp.) Recliner is complete junk at this point and is being sent to the dump where it should have been sent the day they made it.