American Freight / confused: not a ripoff company

1 jacksonvilletallahassee, FL, United States Review updated:

After I purchase pricey items for myself, I always try to look up the company that I chose to go with and see how others liked or disliked there experience with company. My daughter just got excepted into fsu and we needed to furnish her entire house. We shopped around and came across a new jacksonville furniture store named american freight. The salespeople were very inviting and helpful upon entering. As I told them we were just looking they left us alone for a couple of minutes to look around after explaining how the company worked and options for purchase.After a couple of minutes the salesperson came back to help us with any of the questions we had. He was very helpful and understood that we had not decided on what or when we needed any furniture. He then called another product rep over that pretty much explained the same thing but asked where my daughter was going to school. I told him fsu and he then explained that there was a store in tallahassee and he used to work there and we had the option to get it delivered out of that warehouse, so we didn't have to move it ourself or just pick it up there in town. He explained one of the benefits for us is that if for any reason anything were wrong with any of the furniture upon delivery or pick up we would be able to get it fixed there in tallahassee instead of having issue with having to bring it back to jacksonville. I was nervous at first because we didn't need furniture for two weeks and didn't understand how differant stores worked. If they had same items, ect. He assured me that the furniture would be available fir pick up or delivery. Although I was nervous, I decided to make the purchase and give it a chance. The manager also gave me the manager in tallahassee name and number and told me to feel free to contact either manager if I had any questions or if dates changed. I called tallahassee manager ahead of time to make sure items were available as promised and he again assured me everything would be fine. We decided to pick up the furniture instead of getting it delivered and we had no issues with any of our items. We went on a saturday, that I would amagine has to be busy for them judging by the amount of people that was in the store. We did wait for around 30 minutes to get loaded up but we understood due to the amount of people getting their furniture.The manager was very apologetic for the wait.It made my daughters first furniture purchase enjoyable and I would suggest buying furniture from either of these locations. I actually called to thank the jacksonville manager also for helping us because I was nervous about this company that was new to the area. I only have great things to say about my purchase. I noticed a lot of complaints were from other areas of the us, but again I had none of these issues with my purchase.

Comments

• Wo
      13th of Mar, 2010

This was obviously written by the manager at the Jacksonville store to try to save face on the horrible customer service.
    I had bought a sofa and love seat from this store. When it was delivered it was totally the wrong color. It was supposed to be chocolate brown and it was grey. I told the delivery men this and they said no it was what I ordered showing me the delivery slip. I told them it was supposed to be brown not grey. They basically told me I was S.O.L., at which point I told them to take it back and they said no they were not permitted to take anything back and turned away and left. I tried calling the store all weekend and nobody ever answered the phone. I finally drove down to the store and the Salesmen I bought it from said they must have had it tagged wrong and said he would take care of it, they were out of stock on the brown and would deliver it when it came in. Three weeks went by and no word on the correct set, again I tried calling and no one ever answered the phone!!! So again I drove down there, and found out the salesmen I dealt with no longer worked there and they knew nothing about my problem and basically called me a lier who was trying to return used furniture and there was nothing they could do. At that point I just gave-up, which they probably figure must people will do. At that point my time invested in this was not worth it. I was suckered in like so many other people and ended up over paying for something that I found out later that I could have bought at the Ashley store for the same price and with better quality. I have had many friends who have had similar experiences and not one person I know has had one positive thing to say about them. Please Beware...