American Express Travelers Cheques / Citi Bank / useless checks or bank?

I tried to cash $40.00 in travelers at a Citi Bank in Santa Clara CA. As with Tim the teller asked if I had an account at that bank. My first question is why would I be cashing travelers checks there if I had an account there? My second thought was that one gets travelers checks so they simply counter sign them. I had already cashed a number at local businesses with no problem. To make a long story short I had to provide a health card (photo), drivers license (photo) & a credit card along with my finger print. The teller had me counter sign,sign the back& print my name in the place for the check casher to put their name. I told her that was wrong but she insisted. I should have left but I had some time & wanted to see what would transpire. I finally received my $40.00 after 23 minutes. Either American Express checks are useless or Citi Bank is the worst financial institution on the planet. I can guarantee you that was my last dealing for whatever reason with Citi Bank.

Comments

• Mu
      11th of Jul, 2007

Asslam O Alikum,

Its Muhammad Faizan Here from Multan, Pakistan, I have a Complaint Against CITI Bank (Gol Bhag Branch Near to Pizza Hutt) Gulgasht. I went to CITI Bank to Open an Account. Their Staff is Mis Behaving & Mis Guiding To Customers. Today i went to CITI bank again and The Banker started Abusing.

The staff is Totally Not Qualified, They Don't Have any Informations. Very Rude Attitude.
    Total Disappointing.

Regards!
    Thats All

• St
      8th of Oct, 2008

With Chuck "the buck" Prince heading this organization
    (since fired) you don't expect any help do you??

Some of you have had your traveler's checked cashed.

Try cashing those overseas...you will go hungry.
    I do not know what the problem is but I can only guess
    that Citi does not pay their bills and as such has no
    counter-party agreements with American Express???