American Express Travelers Cheques / Citi Bank / useless checks or bank?
I tried to cash $40.00 in travelers at a Citi Bank in Santa Clara CA. As with Tim the teller asked if I had an account at that bank. My first question is why would I be cashing travelers checks there if I had an account there? My second thought was that one gets travelers checks so they simply counter sign them. I had already cashed a number at local businesses with no problem. To make a long story short I had to provide a health card (photo), drivers license (photo) & a credit card along with my finger print. The teller had me counter sign,sign the back& print my name in the place for the check casher to put their name. I told her that was wrong but she insisted. I should have left but I had some time & wanted to see what would transpire. I finally received my $40.00 after 23 minutes. Either American Express checks are useless or Citi Bank is the worst financial institution on the planet. I can guarantee you that was my last dealing for whatever reason with Citi Bank.
More American Express Travelers Cheques / Citi Bank Complaints & Reviews
- American Express - canceled card with no notice 
- American Express - debt collection 
- American Express - interest rate increase 
- Your Centurion Card - fraud 
- American Express - penalty for paying bill early 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - expired gift certificates
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - perfect credit/25 year member amex cancelled
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - my card 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - customer service, zero help! 
- American Express - credit card/ my account was closed without my permission