American Express / incredibly unprofessional and poor service!
I started an account with American Express in December. American Express Customer Service called to get confirmation of my Employer (a fortune 500 company) that has been in existence for over 100 years! On the first call, I gave her my work phone. She then told me she needed a receptionist number who will connect her to my phone. After 3 calls, I was assured that everything was in order.
The next day, I received another call asking for confirmation of my home address. Together on a conference call, we called my bank to confirm banking information and home address. Again, I bank with a very well-known bank. At that time, I was told everything is in order, and I have been approved.
After making 3 charges, my card was rejected at all places. When I called American Express Customer Service, I was told that they needed to confirm my employer because there was nothing in their system showing the 3 calls made and also banking and address information. The service I received was incredibly unprofessional and poor. They had not cared if I canceled the card.
To top it off, on my last attempt to correct this situation, I was told I had to fax a copy of my driver license and social security card notarized by a bank.
I just paid off the amount. I have never encountered a company who is so segregated by department that one department is not authorized to help another. I have been a faithful American Express customer for the last 10 years through my use of their travelers’ checks and services abroad. But, this experience is most disappointing.
More American Express Complaints & Reviews
- American Express - canceled card with no notice 
- American Express - debt collection 
- American Express - interest rate increase 
- Your Centurion Card - fraud 
- American Express - penalty for paying bill early 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - platinum card replacement
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - complain
- American Express - discrimination 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - expired gift certificates
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - perfect credit/25 year member amex cancelled