American Education Services — fraud/incompetence
Do not do business with this shady company. The first payment my husband sent AES was over $1800 to cover the interest that would be rolled into the principal if we didn't pay it. Well, we made the check out to them, mailed it to them in their envelope, and the check was cashed, but they never posted it to the account. So for five months we have been out the $1800 and the interest got rolled into the principal, making the payments larger. The company has been completely incompetent in dealing with it. Repeated phone calls and faxes have led absolutely nowhere, and even though our bank is trying to assist, AES is stonewalling. All we get is a semi-literate customer service rep on the phone saying "we didn't get your check, " so it's not our problem. Our bank did a pipeline search for the money, which AES was supposed to complete. Again, just a phone call from someone who knows nothing saying "we didn't get it." No paper trail? No letter? No phone call from someone who makes more than $8/hr.?
They are forcing our bank to spend more resources to trace the cashed check, and I would bet the whole lot that it turns out to be within their organization, albeit in the wrong account. Although it also wouldn't surprise me if one of their employees stole it.
More American Education Services Complaints & Reviews
- Aes American Education Services - loan 
- American Education Services - fraud and cheating 
- American Education Services - billing 
- AES - fraud lying cheating 
- AES - horrible student loan servicing 
- American Education Services - simply terrible 
- American Education Services - harassment 
- American Education Services - horrible company 
- American Education Services - customer service is bad and the peps are rude 
- AES (American Education Services) - active duty deferrment