American Eagle Outfitters / bad service

I ordered a few sweaters when there was a 25% off promotion code available along with the buy one get one 50% off sale on all tops. AE processed my order in 3 days, and shipped the package via UPS ground. I received it 5 days later and was shocked to see that there were many tears, holes, and a few large rips in the packaging. Also, one of the sweaters was missing.

I spoke to a Customer Service rep, and he was polite. He asked me if I wanted a replacement sweater, but I requested a refund instead. He informed me that my account would be credited within 1-2 billing days. Two week later, I still had not received the refund, so I called Customer Service again. The second rep I spoke to was also polite and told me that there must have been some kind of misunderstanding, because it would take 1-2 billing cycles for my account to be credited.

I ended up returning the sweaters I did receive to an AE store. The quality was a bit disappointing, compared to clothing I had purchased from them in the past. Also, the arms of the sweaters were too small compared to other AE sweaters of the same size.

My most recent and previous orders with AE were packaged somewhat poorly. I do hope they pack shipments better in the future.

Ad

Comments

• Ae
      Jul 23, 2011

Polite but didn't understand the issue is really problem of the customer service of AE.com.
    I placed order 2 jeans and while I placed order size 0 (the invoice shows size 0 actually), I received size "00". I immediately (The day I received) contacted and the agent told me that they are going to send Pre-paid return label. However, I received e-mail from the customer service which tells that I should get Tracking No. from the career (UPS, USPS or whatever) when I drop off the package. What...????? Pre=paid return label should have tracking No. already on the label. I complained for the request. Then, their response is "They sent Return Manual on the site". They never understand what was wrong for this transaction. I was feeling with deal with a elementary school student, not professional customer service. Anyway, I didn't receive the Pre-paid return label yet, so I had to call again. Then, the customer service told your order was shipped. Oh my god... I've never buy anything via AE.com. Too much stress and time consuming.

• Ae
      Sep 01, 2019
    American Eagle Outfitters - The service at Point 90 store
    Egypt

It was a very bad experience because of the unprofessional stuff who is treating all the clients with an impolite attitude and don't care about any complaints that maybe sent to the company.