American Eagle Outfitters / bad service
I ordered a few sweaters when there was a 25% off promotion code available along with the buy one get one 50% off sale on all tops. AE processed my order in 3 days, and shipped the package via UPS ground. I received it 5 days later and was shocked to see that there were many tears, holes, and a few large rips in the packaging. Also, one of the sweaters was missing.
I spoke to a Customer Service rep, and he was polite. He asked me if I wanted a replacement sweater, but I requested a refund instead. He informed me that my account would be credited within 1-2 billing days. Two week later, I still had not received the refund, so I called Customer Service again. The second rep I spoke to was also polite and told me that there must have been some kind of misunderstanding, because it would take 1-2 billing cycles for my account to be credited.
I ended up returning the sweaters I did receive to an AE store. The quality was a bit disappointing, compared to clothing I had purchased from them in the past. Also, the arms of the sweaters were too small compared to other AE sweaters of the same size.
My most recent and previous orders with AE were packaged somewhat poorly. I do hope they pack shipments better in the future.
More American Eagle Outfitters Complaints & Reviews
- American Eagle Outfitters - very poor and inappropriate service 
- American Eagle - worst customer service 
- American Eagle - discrimination 
- American Eagle - did not receive a statement or credit card 
- American Eagle - poor in store service
- American Eagle Outfitters - polo shirts
- American Eagle Outfitters - falsely accused of shoplifting
- American Eagle Outfitters - american eagle woodfield mall schaumburg illinois 
- American Eagle Outfitters - website technical difficulties and customer service
- American Eagle Outfitters - american eagle at the mall of louisiana