American Auto Shield / What they don't tell you...
I purchased a policy thru American Auto Shield and have been paying on it for over a year. On a Friday, early afternoon, my starter motor went out. I phoned the roadside service # number printed on the AAS card. They were fast and had my car towed within 1 hour. HOWEVER, the roadside service identified an "Authorized facility" within 2 miles of my location. It turns out, not ALL "authorized facilities" are the same.
...thus "What they don't tell you"!
The service center I was towed to doesn't accept "outside" parts. AAS insists on supplying their own parts, mailed in to the service center. SO, apparently it goes down like this: I would have to wait until the next week for the part to arrive and then installed. What was, in reality, a 2-3 hour repair cycle would turn into a cycle measured in days. All the time, I would be without my auto.
AAS WILL NOT be sympathetic to your cause. You can just sit there and wait, for all they care!
AAS does admit that they have some REAL "authorized facilities". If you know to ask them they might tell you. But that doesn't take care of the waiting period.
Buyer be ware!
More American Auto Shield Complaints & Reviews
- American Auto Shield - Failure to honor warranty 
- American Auto Shield - Do Not Even think about it!!! 
- American Auto Shield - Misrepresentation 
- American Auto Shield - Warranty America 
- American Auto Shield - fraudulent business practices
- American Auto Shield - Extended Warranty
- American Auto Shield - Refund of my money 
- American Auto Shield - Poor warranty 
- AMERICAN AUTO SHEILD - SCAMMED ME INTO GETTING CAR WARRENTY
- American Auto Shield - Selling unneeded product to elderly person