American Airlines / bad (shady?) service

1 Huntsville, United States Review updated:

American airlines: never again

Well, we had bad experiences traveling through aa. This wasn’t your regular bad: in the last 4 travels between me, my wife and my father - in - law, all of them had been pretty bad. All of them had to do with the terrible check in service at huntsville international airport (Hsv) . None of those checkins lasted less than 1 and a half hours when they should have been 5 minutes.

But the last one was the worst by far.

My wife already knew and we were dreading having to go through that experience again. But having a bunch of miles accumulated and a tight budget we had to bite the bullet and deal with their nonsense again. First nonsense of the day was when the lady there claimed the maximum was 50 pounds for the luggage… ok here we go again.

My wife, suspecting this was coming again since the same thing happened last time, waves a document issued by aa stating that international flights such as this one (To and from an overseas city, including the legs inside us) were 70 pounds maximum.

The aa lady doesn’t read it and proceeds to repeat the same garbage over and over. Finally, after some 20 minutes of back and forth she decides to call someone. She calls a… flight attendant!!?!?! Must have been her buddy or something. The women on the phone proceeds to tell her she is correct, 50 pounds max and that my wife will have to pay a $50 dollar fine.

My wife waves the document again and again stating: please read this. Is this not an aa policy? Do you question the validity of this? Why don’t you go access the same information… through one ear and out the other.

Sometime later the conversation turned into the aa lady stating to my wife, and i quote: “your daughter cannot travel for free…”. My wife takes out my daughter’s plane ticket, takes out the ticket receipt, and shows her: “oh this is not a receipt”. My wife explains: “here is the amount paid + tax + fee = total, it is printed in the same paper as a plane ticket but it is a receipt, aa said this is the receipt, we paid for it, please call the sale’s agent if your computer somehow doesn’t show. Aa lady: “this is not a receipt, your daughter is not booked in the flight and she cannot go”. My wife: “that is fraud from aa”. At this point i loose it, yell at the aa lady and go away to take care of my screaming daughter (She is 1 year old) .

And so the conversation goes on and on for 1 hour and 40 minutes. When it was 10 minutes before the plane departure time somehow, mysteriously, everything gets resolved, my wife gets her boarding passes, luggage gets checked in, no explanations given, no apologies, no nothing…

Draw your own conclusions folks, i drew mine for sure. Never again we are going to give our money these thieves.

Rt

Comments

Sy
  12th of Mar, 2008
Retire American Airlines - Terrible service!
Retire American Airlines
821 indian dr
Ganbury

I have made 6 calls to your tec support, to get my vonatage phone working, we had a cable outage in our area, so now for 3 days I do not have phone service and no HIGHLY TRAINED TECH CAN HELP ME. If I do not have this resolved by tomorrow March 20, I will change back to my old phone service. I have gone thru the same old same old with every agent, always the same, then they can not help, the last had to read all that was written in my profile, and never came back to the phone... WHAT A HIGHLY TRAINED TECH THAT IS... Thanks Sylvia Powers 817-243-1359 so use my minuets again...

Ru
  18th of Oct, 2010
AmericanAirlines.com - Lost my luggage, rude flight attendants
AmericanAirlines.com
americanairlines.com

Lost my luggage, rude flight attendants, bad food, nonstop delays, need i say more?