American Airlines / employee abuse

Fort Worth, TX, United States Review updated:
I am the fiance' of an employee of American Airlines. She has had an illness for the past year that has left her anorexic and under 90 lbs. American expects their employees to never become ill, but where she has to work the building is totally consumed with mold which has caused several other employees to become very ill over the past several years. My fiance' underwent surgery last year and suffered a reaction to the antibiotics that were given to her to ward off possible infection. She lost her taste and appetite and ability to digest solid food. Being a nuclear engineer, I have temporary assignments that present themselves occassionally requiring me to locate to any state on a moments notice. Due to my fiance's condition I have had to turn down several assignments over the past year to care for my fiance'. During this time my fiance' has received several "Occurance" notices from American for failure to abide by American's attendance policies. Obviously, they couldn't care less if their employees are near death...all that is important to them is lining Gerard Arpy and friends pockets. I would be very appreciative if someone could inform me of someone with whom I could contact to Publicly expose American and bring their abuses to the attention of the American Public. America needs to be made aware of just what kind of employer American Airlines is and how they abuse their employees. The moral of this airlines is at present zero due to the abuses of Gerard Arpy and his friends in so far as their hoarding all of the profits of American Airlines and in not sharing any of the wealth that the employees were responsible for generating. All of the complaints I have noticed on this blog can be attributed to that condition. Once again, any help in publicly exposing American Airlines as being what they truly are would greatly be appreciated. My email is jcs45@sbcglobal.net
Ja

Comments

To
  25th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
@jfk the cost of living has gone up but NYC we make what we made in 1995 I can't afford to get sick and eat
To
  25th of Sep, 2008
TWA was the worst move move to do they baby these"s guy that dont do a thing?
Sh
  18th of Nov, 2008
I Strongly agree with you.Your fiancee is not the first and won't be the last.At the station of Aruba one employee received a termination threat for being on chymo-therapy.And died after having worked a few months after receiving her chymo.And the General Manager couldn't carre less.Her family didn't receive a penny and all privilidges were denied. by Station Manager.When informed HR she responded to solve it localy.
Da
  25th of Nov, 2008
I know where you are coming from, my dad has an illness that he has had for about 5 years, and everytime it flares up he ends up in the hospital. It's like they do expect that no one from there is ever going to get sick. They have done nothing but make things worse... it is a stomach/intestinal problem that only gets worse with stress, so they have been very helpful. They suck and I hate what they do to their employees.
Sk
  7th of Sep, 2009
Does your beloved fiance belong to a Union? (Not that they would care as well, but at least she can broadcast the help you need)
What about writing letter to the CEO of American? Wait for their response and then
write a letter to the local newspapers regarding response...Isn't there anyone in your local T.V. Listings available to do some investigative reporting in your area? Get them involved as well. I would EXPOSE THE ENTIRE ATTITUDE OF AMERICAN AIRLINES TO THE MEDIA.

I am sure American would not be happy...and would prob. retaliate...they are know for that. Hey, but at least you get it off your chest.

Press on, press on!
Wishing your fiance God speed!
Jo
  8th of Dec, 2011
Agree with the post and more...the justice department should review AA's use of Govt. bail out funds to finance crimes against employees. I Took a transfer from the LVRO to the Tucson office. Was given move funds and had all my belongings moved the cost of which was paid for by AA..The contents of a 3 Brm house and nearly with 2 months storage in Tucson included. I suspected something wrong in the manner the Director and Supervisor regarded me. Was told by Supe that my 'call work' stats were too high. 1 week later I was given a letter of termination for being 20 plus seconds over the goal on domestic calls and 2 seconds over on Advantage calls. Still living at a Hotel while looking for housing. I was now unemployed after 30 days, not able to even access my storage units because AA had not paid the bill to get important papers out and not get the move out of storage unless it was in Tucson. They planned it. Lost everything of 55 years.No family pictures, mementos All furniture, all clothing. AA erased my life because the Director and LVRO manager conspired before my move because they viewed me as trouble. all for 2 seconds and its in writing too.. ..How arrogant of them. AA has had a practice of placing individuals with severe personality disorders in responsible positions. Oh, they did all this exactly on the 61 day when they would no longer be financially responsible. The Director was told I was a union organizer at the LVRO. Had several heart attacks and finally open heart surgery. The Physician said they would have been more honest if they ran you over with a plane...Was told by another Director that AA would never do that. The hit and run with a plane or the termination for 2 seconds. I am collecting the mass of horror stories from former and current non mgt. employees. Read about it in the book '' Somethings in the Air '' The writers at Paramount had to be former AA management employees.
Tne Borg'' bare a striking way of thinking and behavior the same way as low level managers at AA ...'' you will be absorbed ''

American Airlines Logo American Airlines