American Airlines / handicap scooter
I had a flight from Dallas to Tulsa recently. I use a handicap scooter that always gets checked in the bottom of the plane. When we boarded in Dallas I was impressed with the attention to detail that one employee displayed. He was kind enough to bring me the key to my scooter after I was already in my seat on the plane.
When my wife and I disembarked I was taken to the top of the concourse in a wheelchair. When my wife and infant son arrived, with my scooter in tow, the man we sat next to on the plane approached.
"Is your scooter alright?" he has a bewildered look on his face.
"It seems to be. Why do you ask?" After a ong day of travel I was ready to get out of the airport.
"Well, I saw two American employees throw your scooter about thirty feet as I wasa boarding the plane. They did not load it. They threw it.
The following day I sent American an e-mail explaining what happened and my desire to have the equipment evaluated. Upon learning, a couple of weeks later, that the scooter needs a new engine, American says that they will not reimburse me for the damages. Even though I reported the incident within twenty-four hours, they say that I waited too long to have it evaluated. Never mind the fact that the company that services my scooter was unable to attend to it until yesterday.
American has become Greyhound of the sky. Zero consistency. No care or concern for their passengers, you know, the people who pay the bills. I have taken two flights this summer and both times American damaged my scooter. I think that the time has come, no matter how inconvenient, to stop using this airline. Enough is enough!
More American Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- American Airlines - baggage mishap 
- American Airlines - unaccompanied minor policy/ children left alone! 
- American Airlines - lack of legroom, seating options 
- American Airlines - employee abuse 
- American Airlines - missing or stolen luggage 
- American Airlines - seat bumping on standby
- American Airlines - luggages 
- American Airlines - flight 2706 hav-mia 12-19-2018
- American Airlines - in flight service
- American Airlines - mileage use policy