American Airlines / crooked practices

I recently purchased 2 round trip tickets to San Antonio, TX to enjoy an Air Force Graduation. Unfortunately we ran into an issue that delayed the graduation and had to reschedule the trip. Here is where American delivered a huge shock to my budget. First the documents I was presented with stated that rescheduling would incur a fee of up to $100 depending on the fare purchased. Well as it turns out the fee would be the maximum $100 per seat or 2/3 of the fare for taking up about 1 minute of the airlines time. Quite the scam I must say!

However it gets better. When we rescheduled the flight we were also penalized by the airline because a travel agency recommended American to us. Another $30 per ticket in added penalties. When I asked to speak to a supervisor he laughed and told me to book and accept the added fees or just let American keep it all. So this will be my first and last trip with American Airlines, the airline that prides itself on robbing the flying public. I can't wait for doctors to adopt these practices. Then when you call to reschedule an appointment they can charge you $100 simply because you as the customer are an interruption to their day.

It time for the American people to turn their back on American Airlines and let them go bankrupt. Pay a little more and fly with the more professional airlines. The cheap fare is not worth the lousy treatment and fleecing of your hard earned money.

Regards,

J R

Comments

• Pa
      5th of Dec, 2007

My name is Pat - I am employed by American.

After the events of September 11, 2001, American Airline employees (Ticket/gate agents, Fleet Service Personnel, Flight Attendants, Pilots and mechanics all took drastic cuts in both pay & benefits to the tune of about 30 percentto save our airline from heading into bankruptcy.

To this date, American Executives have not so much as said thanks for keeping us solvent.

Last year (2006) Gerard Arpey - CEO, Tom Horton - CFO and many other executives shared a few hundred million dollars the airline made in profit and decided to congratulate themselves on their fantastic job they have done.

If you are experiencing poor service from airline employees (which you shouldn't) remember we have been put through a lot and have made tremendous sacrifices.

Unfortunately, American Airlines is a huge company and managements interest in your problem is of little concern!

It is tough working for a company run by unethical thugs!