American Airlines — no respect for its customers
I am a "gold for life" american aadvantage member. Unfortunately, I am now disabled from a spinal cord injury I suffered 4 years ago. I have traveled 4 times in the past 4 months, and 3 of those times decided to take a different airline for the following reasons.
1.in all 4 cases, I was unable to use my miles to upgrade from coach to either business class or first;
2. When I called in advance to request a bulkhead seat in coach, I was told that it was "held for airport check-in," but that they would "put a note in my record" so that the agent at the airport wouldn't give it away. I got to the airport over an hour before the flight was scheduled to depart, and of course, it was given away. I was told by the gate agent that there was "no such thing" as a hold on a bulkhead, and that it was first come, first served
American has no respect for its customers, including its longtime, loyal ones. I have now switched to jet blue, since they have put my disability into my permanent record and I am able to reserve the bulkhead seat in advance when I make my reservation
More American Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- American Airlines - baggage mishap
- American Airlines - unaccompanied minor policy/ children left alone!
- American Airlines - lack of legroom, seating options
- American Airlines - employee abuse
- American Airlines - missing or stolen luggage
- American Airlines - stolen items
- American Airlines - very unprofessional!!!
- American Airlines - entire flight
- American Airlines - overbilling
- American Airlines - awful service