Alltel Wireless / charges for unmade text messages!

1 Bldg. 4, 3rd Floor, One Allied Dr.Little Rock, AR, United States Review updated:

I am being charged for almost 5000 incoming/outgoing text messages over a 30 day period that we did not make!! Alltel does not have any records of the incoming messages nor can they provide a copy of the number to where the alleged outgoing messages were sent. By Alltel's Technical Assistance own records, the most incoming messages ever received over a month's billing cycle for that phone is 7. Their records also show that no replies were made to those incoming messages. Suddenly in December 2007 the messages for that one phone jumped to almost 5000!!!

They will not admit that there is a problem and they are threatening to terminate my service if fI do not pay the bill of over $1100 immediately. Also if service is terminated, they will charge me $200/phone extra for not fulfilling my contract. (I have 3 cell phones.)

They will not let me speak to a supervisor in the Customer Service Department. In fact, one CS rep. claimed that they do not have supervisors!!! The Technical Service Department told me that a supervisor would call me back. (No call back yet!!)

The nature of my work requires that I am available via phone 24 hours per day, no matter where I am. I am at a complete loss as to what recourse I have other than to hire an expensive lawyer. (Which I can't afford.)

What more can I do? Please advise smb!

David E. Channell.

Comments

To
  19th of Feb, 2008

I am having the exact same issue. Ours is a little less at 2600 messages. We have a package for 1500 messages and rarely go over that so this is almost double. I have explained to them that I need them to prove this is valid, if it is that is fine we can accept it, if not then we need that proof so we can get a credit. They have lied to me and said it is not possible to obtain and no one will give it to me. This is outrageous. I worked for a wireless company for 3 years and my husband still does, we provide this on the bill to every customer. I also know that T.Mobile does, Verizon does, AT&T does, so why are they doing this? They cannot legally bill us for something they cannot prove is valid. I will not stop fighting until this is resolved. I have already filed a complaint with the FCC and I suggest you do the same. That is the only way this will get changed. Here is the site you need to view to file the complaint.

Ke
  22nd of Nov, 2008

I cannot believe this either. I don't have a problem on my bill with extra text, but this lunatic girl is insisting that I have texted her boyfriend, I was going to send her a copy of the bill to prove I did not, no such thing with Alltel, I will be glad when they switch to verizon, I have reported this to Alltel incase our phones have been spammed or something, but from the looks of this, it won't matter. I can't even figre out if text show up as minutes used on the regular bill part, I have checked when I KNOW I sent texts, and it's not there.

Sa
  10th of Apr, 2009

The same thing happened to me years ago. Thankfully mine was only for about 10 texts at 10 cents per text but at that time we didnt even have texting at all. I don't even think the phone we had at that time was text enabled it was so long ago. I called CS to tell them this was not right but they told me that they could not remove the charges. Lucky for them it was only a dollar worth of charges so I let it go and it never happened again.