Allstate Auto Insurance Company / insurance fraud by allstate

1 Concord, CA, United States

I was in an auto accident at five miles per-hour; an accident caused by a jay-walker. Other car, a truck, had slight dent on bumper. Other driver said he was not injured in the police-report. Allstate sent the other driver a check for $700 to cover "any injury" and then raised my rate $1, 000 per-year. Fortunately, the other driver was honest and sent the check back to Allstate saying, "I told you I was not injured." Yet, Allstate still kept the accident as an injury accident and still kept my $1, 000 rate increase. Fortunately, I had a friend who is an insurance broker who told me Allstate had filed an injury-accident with DMV. I telephoned Allstate and they did a lot of lying and trying to blow me off, until I threatened to sue Allstate for fraud, so Allstate finally changed the accident to "non-injury", but only reduced my rate increase a couple hundred dollars. I wrote the State Insurance Commissioner who refused to investigate Allstate's insurance fraud. State of California offices only send out form-letters and shuffle papers. I have since switched to another insurance company, and at a much lower rate.