AllianceOne / Awful experience

I was forced to go through alliance one to pay my court fines.I had been recently unemployed and sent them A letter to inform them that I would not be able to pay the amount that they wanted per month. waiting for A response they sent A letter to dol and my license was suspended, for lack of payment. and all the money that I had payed them was for nothing they actually increased my debt that amount plus fifty dollars. now I owe them three hundred and fifty dollars more than my original fine amount, I should have borrowed the original amount from A bank the interest would have been less.

Du

Comments

• Li
      13th of May, 2009

Your ticket wasn't in collections when you were making payments, it was still with the court but the payment plan was being handled by A1. The program allows you to keep your licence and your credit rating while making payments on a debt you can't afford to pay in full. If you cannot keep that last resort payment plan for some reason, you are sent a letter of default and the account is turned over to the collectors. It is at this point that the late fees and collections fees are added to your balance, as outlined on the back of each and every ticket issued. You didn't 'lose' any money. If your original ticket was 100, and you paid 50 then defaulted, the amount going into collection would be the 50 plus the fees and costs. Had you not paid anything on the original ticket, the amount going into collection would have been 100 plus the fees and costs. Depending on the court involved, your fees and costs are either fixed or a percentage of the original amount.

• Jn
      29th of May, 2010

AllianceOne has misreported my payments to the courts and to the drivers licensing department in WA 2 times in the past 4 months, causing suspension of my license. I have made all agreed payments to them monthly. Now, because of their misreporting I have a new violation, driving while suspended. More court fees, more attorney fees now having to defend myself for something caused by their error. This is still pending at this time. They are creating more business for themselves, if more court fees are referred to them, they get another 35% added to it + 12% interest per year. What a scam! If you are experiencing the same frustration complain to the licensing board and attorney generals office. I just did. They must be stopped!