Allegiant Travel / post pone vacation due to medical reasons

Peoria, United States Review updated:

We have been using Allegiant Air for years and this year my wife was admitted into a hospital and was determined she had blood clots in her leg and lungs. She was released but the doctor said she should not fly because most airlines are not ready to handle medical emergency in flight if something was to go wrong. He even gave us a note in writing because most airlines will accept this and allow you to at least post pone it.

I tried calling them but since our flight is due to leave on Monday and today is Friday there is nothing they can do to either post pone the date of the vacation or at least give us some refund. I even asked if we could give the vacation away but no name changes are allowed.

I asked can we at least get something for the hotel and they said NO that is part of the package.

I guess we have learned about the company we are dealing with and will make sure everyone we know and any place that I can get my story out will hear it.

Jo
Feb 21, 2014

Comments

21st of Feb, 2014

We received a call from Allegiant and they are going to issue us a voucher for the trip. We have no problem with them deducting a penalty because I believe it needs to be a win – win approach which is all that we wanted in the beginning.