Allegiant Airlines / cancellation policy

St Petersburg, United States Review updated:

I purchased a non-refundable ticket that I had to cancel out of two days prior. I understood that I would get a credit if I cancelled, so it was not a big deal at the time. I logged in to the Allegiant Airlines account I had to create to manage my itinerary and selected the CANCEL button, which I thought would cancel my flight and place my money into that credit for future flights. Instead, while on my trip, which I booked through another airline, I received and e-mail telling me that I have to call Allegiant's phone center in order to cancel. By the time I came back from my trip I did call the phone center and was told I was considered a no-show and forfeited my $695 dollars. Needless to say, I am looking to litigate this and call my congressman. This has to be one of the dumbest policies for any company to have, let alone enforce. Do you agree?

Mr
Jun 07, 2013

Comments

• Le
      Jun 07, 2008
    Allegiant Airlines - missed flight

I bought my ticket to go from Las Vegas to Fresno, I missed my flight and they told me that it is non-refundable or transferable. Allegiant Airlines sucks, I am sticking with Southwest Airlines.

• Sm
      Sep 29, 2010

It says it all in their policy but you and other idiots probably didn't read it. Next time take the time to read their rules and restrictions and you won't be assed out. I like Allegiant Airlines!

• Bb
      Feb 07, 2011

Long live southwest airlines. Southwest does not offer refunds but they issue you a credit to use on any future flight. They believe in going above and beyond to help their customers, which is the reason they were able to acquire other airlines and put themselves at the top of the airline industry.

• Be
      Oct 22, 2011
    Allegiant Airlines - Deception Booking
    Allegiant Airlines

I purcahsed 2 tickets from St Pete to Southbend, the rate was 35.99, the reason for purchasing was for the price only. When I checked out I was charged 54.99 each. After I booked, I checked the website, they did raise the price, but the next ay they reduced back to 35.99. I called and they were rude and said "it is what it is" and they feel they are polite by saying "can I assist you with anything else"

• Su
      Nov 11, 2011
    Allegiant Airlines - Worst experience traveling
    Allegiant Airlines

They went thru 4 airplanes and were more than 5 hrs before any update. They should have their FAA certificate jerked. They are not safe.

•   Jun 07, 2013

For flight cancellations/changes within 72 hours but outside of 24 hours of the scheduled time of departure, customers must contact Allegiant's Reservations Center at 1-702-505-8888 . All customers are able to cancel their entire itineraries without penalty through their “My Allegiant” account or by contacting Allegiant's Reservation Center within 24 hours after booking, provided the scheduled time of departure was at least one week (168 hours) away at time of booking.

• Wi
      Feb 17, 2015

Hi, my sister booked a flight for 3 round trip. Had to cancel 1 week prior to her departure and was charged $750 for cancelation. I checked Alligiant's website for cancelation fees, and could not find any.

Another sibling purchased a ticket within 24 hours online, and noted there was an error in the departure time. He called in and advised it was his error and a $60 cancelation fee was charged. Coincidentally, another sibling purchased a flight online 5 days prior to departure. he was flying out the same day my sister was. When my nephew checked his ticket at the same time my sister found a mistake in hers, they noticed the departure and arrival cities were switched. They changed him $75 to make the change.

While on the plane, my sister reported that she overheard other passengers complaining about unwarranted fees. One passenger reported she was charged for selecting a seat online, but did not select that option. You add these fees together, they paid more than they would've if they flew out on a more reputable airline like Southwest.

Aren't they required to post all their fees associated with cancelation or change?

The above information that I'm commenting on is ambiguous and requires repeated reading to figure it out. I find this unacceptable.

After searching their site, for what you pay in convenience fees and hidden fees, you're paying for a small plane, compromised customer service when things go wrong, a website that is unreliable, and more than likely a delayed flight. Better of paying a little more for your safety and sanity. My family will definitely not be using this airline...EVER.

$14.99 fee to call in to book
    $13.00 fee to book online
    $5.00 fee if you print your ticket at the airport
    charged for 1 carry on bag $14.99 to $35.00 if you pay a the time of booking
    charged $15 to $43 if you purchase pre-departure. OR $50 to $75 if you purchase at the time of departure

Do the math...it's not worth using this airline.

• St
      Aug 05, 2015

By the time you add all of their fees you might as well fly with Southwest! Their cancellation policy stinks and so does their customer service. We tried to cancel with over a week to go before our trip (family of 4) and was told that we would be charged an $86 cancellation fee per person and the rest would be credited to us. That is almost as much as we paid for the flights to begin with! NEVER AGAIN!! I'll pay the extra $25 to fly Southwest and be able to take check two bags for free and take a carry on and personal bag without being charged extra. This airline is a joke!

• Cl
      Jul 05, 2016

Cancelled a flight. Won't do anything about a return flight a day later. Won't do anything about the paid for rental property at my destination. Won't do anything about my lost day of vacation. I don't get many.