Allegiant Air / manditiory bag check scam

1 NC, United States Review updated:

I having been using Allegiant Air for the past few years traveling from Wilmington, NC to Orlando, FL. I have been using the same carry on bag for these trips and had no problems ths time departing from Wilmington. However, on my return trip I was told my carry on was too large and that it had to be checked for an additional fee of $35.00. The ticketing agents name is Bently Brooks. When asked to check the size of the bag they asked me to place it into the sizing frame and it fit. He said that it was an inch too tall! Long story short I believe that this airline does not have consistnet policies and very poor customer service. Their employees are forced to "do their job" so they make a comission on every bag that is checked. It is BS and you do get what you pay for. Buyer be ware! The minimal amount of savings is not worth it. They definetly not SWA!

Co

Comments

• Au
      20th of May, 2011

We just had the same experience flying Eugene to Oakland. The same bag that they gave the OK on several times before (including at this airport) was a centimeter too wide all of a sudden. Such BS.

1st of Jun, 2011

This Airlines should be Stopped. I have had more horrible experiences with them from Hidden fees to wrong dates and Severe attitude problems. I have got simillar deals or even better going with more respected Airlines.