Allegiant Air / cancellation rip off
In March of 2009, I had to cancel a flight on Allegiant Air due to personal tragedy. Their policy is "you are out of luck", there isn't even a cancellation fee---you lose your entire ticket price. After much begging and pleading, they reluctantly gave me a "credit" for 75% of what I paid for the ticket and told me to use it within a year. I used a portion of it last January. I attempted to book a trip to Las Vegas to use the remainder, but they told me my credit "expired" 2 weeks ago and it's no longer available. Here I was going to spend an additional $1000+ on the flight/hotel/shows, etc. but they would NOT give me my $200. The stole my money. I wrote them a letter and they told me my credit expired. It's not a credit, it's my money.
Never fly on Allegiant. There truly is no real savings after you add up all their extra fees. They tease you to book a trip and then you pay a fee to book on line, to book a seat, etc. The worst of it, however, is their cancellation policy. Run fast the other way-----remember, you get what you pay for!
More Allegiant Air Complaints & Reviews
- Allegiant Air - no contingency plan! 
- Allegiant Air - buyer beware the super-low fare - disgust awaits you! 
- Allegiant Air - bait & switch! 
- Allegiant Airlines - carry on luggage 
- Allegiant Air - fee for gate pass 
- Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Air - rude counter agent and over charge
- Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Air - policy change on emotional support animals in flight and rude personal.
- Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Air - flight
- Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Air - flight 1661
- Allegiant Travel Company / Allegiant Air - unethical behavior