Allegiant Air / cancellation rip off

In March of 2009, I had to cancel a flight on Allegiant Air due to personal tragedy. Their policy is "you are out of luck", there isn't even a cancellation fee---you lose your entire ticket price. After much begging and pleading, they reluctantly gave me a "credit" for 75% of what I paid for the ticket and told me to use it within a year. I used a portion of it last January. I attempted to book a trip to Las Vegas to use the remainder, but they told me my credit "expired" 2 weeks ago and it's no longer available. Here I was going to spend an additional $1000+ on the flight/hotel/shows, etc. but they would NOT give me my $200. The stole my money. I wrote them a letter and they told me my credit expired. It's not a credit, it's my money.

Never fly on Allegiant. There truly is no real savings after you add up all their extra fees. They tease you to book a trip and then you pay a fee to book on line, to book a seat, etc. The worst of it, however, is their cancellation policy. Run fast the other way-----remember, you get what you pay for!

Wi

Comments

14th of Feb, 2012

Recently needed to cancel a flight that cost $164 R/T. With the combination of non-refundable "convenience" fees, seat selection fees, and the $50 each way cancellation fee, I would have had a whopping $20 left to apply to future travel. I used the only chat with Allegiance and the agent said it would be better for me to no-show than cancel which avoids cancellation fees. Funny, you try to be polite and give them a heads up that you're not coming, and they screw you $50 bucks each way, but if you simply No-Show, you get to keep that same money, because it didn't qualify as a cancellation. Very odd approach to customer services.