All My Sons Moving and Storage / Terrible company

1 13821 Diplomat Dr.Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 817-442-5444

I contracted with All My Sons to move and store the majority of belongings from a three bedroom, two bath home. All My Sons employees packed the majority of boxes, transported them from a clean, quarter million-dollar home to their storage facility.

Two and one half years later All My Sons employees delivered these belongings to my new home. During this timeframe, I paid All My Sons $10, 400 in moving and storage expenses. All monthly payments were made on time and All My Sons employees assured me that my belongings would be safe, handled with care by quality professionals and stored in sanitized, private warehousing facilities.

When the belongings were delivered to my new home, a home I had paid several hundred dollars to have cleaned to sparkling fresh, the majority of my belongings had been infested with rodents; boxes had rat urine and droppings inside and out. One box, packed with what were clean folded linens, contained a rat's nest with several dead baby rats.

All My Sons employees brought boxes and furniture into my new home with visible rat droppings on the outside, until I discovered what the mess was and demanded they stop.

At final delivery, several pieces of furniture had significant damage and some of my belongings were missing. Additionally, All My Sons brought and left with me boxes belonging to another customer. I contacted this former customer, and found he had a different but equally disturbing experience with All My Sons.

I attempted to negotiate a partial refund and replacement cost for damaged items from the company's owner. He showed absolutely no interest in resolving a problem which occurred when my belongings were in his possession. On top of that, he was rude and insinuated the rats were mine. I have never in my entire life had a more offensive and repulsive experience with a service provider of any kind. This happened to me at the end of 2002 and I am still angry!

I cannot stress strongly enough to anyone considering hiring All My Sons… DON'T.

Be advised you have very few avenues to recover damages from this and probably any moving and storage company you contract with. Do very careful and complete research before hiring a moving and storage provider, choose with the utmost care and insure your belongings to the fullest extent possible.

Lastly, I have pictures detailing this disgusting experience I'll share with anyone interested in exposing this company's gross negligence.

Ro

Comments

• Ia
      22nd of Feb, 2011

You are right! Sounds like an ungodly sum of money to pay for storage anyway! Although, I don't store anything and eliminate as much as possible what we don't need. It's just myself and my wife. Well we moved once in a year, and because of closing issues we weren't able to move into our next home. In the interim we got an apartment, which our family helped us move into. Closing on the new house was quicker than anticipated, thankfully, and we were ready to move again. Not wanting to involve the family I had seen the All My Sons trucks around town and contracted with them.

They did a pretty quick affordable job. However it was so quick that afterwards we noticed that a collection of clothes was missing and ALL of our lamps. Yes, every single table and floor lamp went undelivered. My lovely wife used it as an opportunity to redecorate and we repurchased lamps for our new home. I never complained about it because I can imagine what a fight it would be.

The movers, guys who slave away all day, were also a bit run down. Maybe we were there last house but at first they asked where we wanted things put, we were even helping them! After a few minutes of direction, they began to make some grunting sounds as if disatisfied with our desire to put things in the house, instead of the garage. Just have to say, aren't we paying you for that? Extra?

All in all not too bad, far less than your experience. They were rough with our other posessions and dragged our bed through a mud patch. I think this is probably typical for a move experience. :)