Alitalia / Overbooking
It seems Alitalia overbooks massively. We arrived in Rome for return flight flight home over an hour before the flight and found that we did not have a seat. The tickets had been relatively expensive - not a cheap rate. We were told that checkin started 3 hours before the flight - so it seems you need to turn up hours before checkin to be sure of a seat. We were then held until checkin closed before finding we had tickets - but we did not get upgraded to business so why did we have to wait for othereconomy passengers to arrive if we had full fare economy tickets - all very suspect. Avoid Alitalia if at all possible.
More Alitalia Complaints & Reviews
- Alitalia - Worst customer service! 
- Alitalia - Avoid Alitalia Airlines! 
- Alitalia - beroepshouding stewards, zoekraken bagage, tel.bereikbaarheid enz.
- Alitalia - DO NOT FLY ALITALIA 
- Alitalia - seat booking 
- Alitalia - delayed flights arriving on saturday 8.9.18 at 2:55 am instead of friday 7.9.18 at 13:50 pm
- Alitalia - my luggage is broken and alitalia desk at the airport refused to accept it
- Alitalia - payment not received
- Alitalia - no response 
- Alitalia - charge for baggage