Alitalia / Pathetic behaviour of staff

1 Pakistan

I had purchased a ticket from karachi office of alitalia in the first week of june 07 for the itenary of khi-doh-milan-paris-brussels-dubai-karachi . When i reached dubai in the early morning from milano, i was shocked to note that there was no such flight of pia as booked by the alitalia while the only available flight of pia for karachi was at 7.30 in the evening, i went to the alitalia staff on the airport and there was a gentleman named mr. abu alqasim who after hearing my ordeal, instantly refused to help and said he can neither provide me any assistance for the hotel and visa, which was requested as no flight existed with the number of pk-214 at 10.30 am at dubai international airport. With great great difficulty i managed to get the ticket endorsed by the above named gentleman and then managed to fly by emirates at 10 a.m., the ordeal does not finish here, when i reached karachi, my baggage was missing and i had to report for that, the same was found and sent on 3rd day after my arrival, in all this episode you would see that happenings were occured due to the mistakes of alitalia staff right from the start when they booked this passage, even if i beleive that the pia had changed schedule, even then, the airline was responsible to at least inform me about the change and the next confirmed flight for me.