Alitalia / appalling customer service in regards to damaged luggage.
October 6th - returned to London Heathrow via Rome from Cairo. My suitcase was severely damaged and the outer shell cracked. I reported the damage to customer services - they offered me 35 Euro compensation. I said I wanted it reported to Alitalia - I was given an email which a duly sent details of the damage and a photo. They replied with the reference number stating that they would be in contact - to date they have not been in contact - I have sent three further emails, with no reply. Today I phoned Rome and Ireland and then the US - Rome hung up on me the US only takes reservations.
This is an appalling service and I want to take my complaint further.
More Alitalia Complaints & Reviews
- Alitalia - worst customer service! 
- Alitalia - avoid alitalia airlines! 
- Alitalia - beroepshouding stewards, zoekraken bagage, tel. bereikbaarheid enz.
- Alitalia - do not fly alitalia 
- Alitalia - seat booking 
- Alitalia - customer service
- Alitalia - non arrival of baggage
- Alitalia - lost my bag
- Alitalia - refund not received
- Alitalia - complicated situation at the airport