Alaska Airlines / alaska airlines charging fees to use a cancellation voucher
My husband and I had planned a birthday trip to Portland Oregon, leaving on April 10th, 2018. Sadly, he was just diagnosed with ALS, and due to his unexpected retirement from his job, at 48 years old, , we had to make the decision to cancel 5 days before we were due to leave. We were comforted to know we paid for the travel insurance, and happy to get a voucher for future travel. I was shocked, and appalled, to be told by the Alaska agent I spoke with told me I was to receive 2 vouchers valued at $186.00 per person, BUT, to use them on future travel I would have to pay "FEE" of $125.00 per person. So basically, I would have to pay to use my vouchers. I find this a disgusting way to treat consumers who, in good faith, took insurance to cover my travel...I don't want a cash refund, just an opportunity to travel with my husband before he can not travel anymore. Alaska Airlines, you should be ashamed of yourself.
More Alaska Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Alaska Air - Hates families 
- Alaska Airlines - Stay away from them 
- Alaska Airlines - Stunned by customer service behavior 
- Alaska Airlines - customer service supervisor 
- Alaska Airlines - he worst airlines I have ever experienced!
- Alaska Airlines - customer service/luggage
- Alaska Airlines - delayed flights
- Alaska Airlines - We will never fly Alaska Airlines again
- Alaska Airlines - Bereavement
- Alaska Airlines - do not fly alaska airlines, worse experience ever, untrained crew, untrained stewards, untrained pilot.