Alamo / unauthorized insurance charges
I rented a car from Alamo at the T F Green Airport in Rhode Island. I made an electronic reservation for the car, a GPS device for the week, and on my E-reservation chose NOT to have insurance coverage since I am covered by my own insurance. When I arrived to pick up the car, I was asked three separate times if I wanted coverage, and three times I emphatically refused. Since I was in a line with several other people, the sales person whipped the document across the counted and said, "initial here, here, sign here," and so I did. He then printed out a receipt, stuck it in the rental folder and directed me to the car lot. It was only later that I noted that the document included a charge of $160.00 for insurance. Every call to Alamo has met with the same response: you signed, therefore it's a legal document. However, this is clearly fraud which takes advantage of a rushed situation where people are travel-weary, hurried, and interested in completing the rental transaction. They are running a scam which relies of people's inattention to 'legal' documents.
More Alamo Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo Rent A Car - car rental
- Alamo Rent A Car - unauthorized credit card charges - daily
- Alamo Rent A Car - billing - I was advised I could use my cc to rent and do the "hold" then use my debit card to pay the final bill.
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - overcharged on car rental
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - unprofessional behavior by a alamo on-site manager at miami international airport