Alabama Power / theft

900 bear creek rd, Tuscaloosa, AL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2052333391

Charged credit card 20 dollars when I made 2 pmts on time they said it was wrong info I am not an idiot entered correct info I guess they do what they want when they have control of your power

Ke
Mar 16, 2013

Comments

• They did the same thing to my son's account. Charged $20 as a returned check fee due to what they say is an incorrect number entered, this is a scam for them to make more money. I believe this practice is illegal and it's unethical. I am filing a complaint against them regarding this practice and hopefully a class action lawsuit as well.

• Jc
      Apr 13, 2016

We had the same thing happen to us when my wife and I paid our bill early after we moved to our new home. We called and told them we didn't change any numbers to our account so we shouldn't be charged a $20 fee. We told them that it was their fault for changing numbers when we talked to them over the phone about changing service addresses. They couldn't find a record of that conversation in their system but they did see a new change of service address. We asked why their system was so easily accessible for someone to change our banking information. They didn't have an answer other than "we don't do that". So we asked to speak to a supervisor about the safety of our personal information in the hands of an obviously undocumented and unsafe computer system. The supervisor reluctantly refunded our money after we threatened a lawsuit to challenge their computer filing system...after they already admitted they hadn't been keeping proper billing records and couldn't explain why our bank account number had been changed in their system. Little Guys - 1, Monopoly - 0.