AirtelCallHome.com / pitiful service, awful website

I recently purchased an airtel calling card. I was appalled at the proficiency the airtel team showed. Here are some major issues:

1. I created my account after struggling with their registration system for nearly 30 minutes. The website is slow like a snail.
2. Did not allow me to register my mobile phone for pinless access.
3. The customer care number is inactive and is not consistent through out the system.
4. ITS NOT ALLOWING ME TO LOG IN even after I provide my correct user id and password.

I would rather spend my additional 5 cents with reliance india call than go through all this hassle. I hope they would fix these before more and more customers get frustrated.

Comments

16th of Dec, 2006

You get what you pay for, dude!

17th of Dec, 2006

I agree.. the site is pathetic, CS is bad.
    Me too faced similar problems.

• Aj

Hi There

I purchased an airtelcallhome service, it is soooooooo bad.
    As of now it is not at all comparable to Reliance India call or even small companies like Pingo.

1. Most of the time I am not able to connect to bridge # 877-247 - 4047 .
    2. The customer service / care number never works . ( customer = kasht se mar , is it like that ?)
    3. Website painfully slow, does not register the phone nos for easy dialing. The user id is system generated which is very strange. Globally it is user generated.
    4. There is no Pinless dialing and the registered number is system generated which is again a pain.
    I sometimes wonder how can Bharti group be so careless. It looks like no homework has been done before launching the services.

I sincerely hope someone one sues the company.

We all are Painfully unsatisfied customers

• Sr
      18th of Dec, 2006

I became too greedy of the double talk time offer and registered for $50 in the Airtelcallhome.com website. I neither got the user id on my mail but they have promptly deducted the amount from my account. I am also able to contact the customer support through the number published on the website.

This is total hoax and Airtel should promptly return the money.

• Am
      18th of Dec, 2006

Airtelcallhome should change their name to "Cantcallhome". Man this thing sucks so bad, it funny. Here what I think:

The webiste was designed by some third grader in a class project.
    They have one computer which acts as their server and operates on a 56 kbps telephone modem.
    The customer service center appears to be some local PCO in a rural area.
    Obviously, the customer service reps are underpaid and the phone that they use does not work.
    Bharati Telecom has dillusions of grandeur or else it would not come into such a competitive market.

Sue the ###!

• Na
      18th of Dec, 2006

Its very irritating to go to that site. I have been trying to use the site for 3 days and am yet to register for an account. When I tried to connect the customer care he says it can be done only thru the site and not over the phone. One of my friends got billed for 200$ since he tried some 8 times and in fact he didn't get the PIN. Then after trying for the customer care at least 100 times he got the line which made him wait for 15mins to get a support personnel. Horrible service by Airtel. In fact we had planned to lodge a fraudulence complaint on this company for having such a hopeless website. Please try some other connection instead of trying for the free offer and wasting time and energy!

• Ne
      18th of Dec, 2006

I haven't received registration email yet. This is horrible site. I noticed other calling service on localindya.com and found reliance and primus better.

Still waiting for airtel pin ....

Pinless ..Neha

• Ni
      18th of Dec, 2006

Terrible is one word for airtelcallhome service.
    Finally I was able to register myself for an account and everything looked all set until I started making the call. The access number never worked and always give a busy sound.
    Will try again today and see if there is any improvement .....

• Pr
      18th of Dec, 2006

I hate their registration process...it sucks soooo bad..!
    pathetic site

• In
      18th of Dec, 2006

I wish i had read this forum before signing up with Airtel.

I do not understand how they can advertise a service which is so half-baked and it seems they have no intention of making it work.

Fortunately, i wasted only 25 bucks - although i have signed up for automatic renewal, I am planning to just cancel my credit card since it is just impossible to get thru to customer service.

These guys are totally [censored]ed - they have lost my business for life - no matter what they do to fix themselves in future.

• Du

A good news is ..
    I got a mail from airtel with a/c number and password. I hope everybody will get a/c soon.

The bad news is ...

1. The double talk time offer seems to not working
    2. Customer service number is SURELY not working
    3. The web site, its contents and the presentation is worst of all
    4. Taking ages to reflect call activity
    5. The automated female voice which guides you to make calls is horrifying. I don’t think any body will like to listen it again

I feel www.reliablecalling.com is the best of all so far, and it is good as relianceindiacall in calrity.

• Sh
      19th of Dec, 2006

It is a horrible site which provides only one service and that is raising you blood pressure. I lost my $50 on that site. I signed up on that site and after that nothing is happening. It have not got any email from them with any info. It does not allow me to login. Customer service phone line does not work. Customer service email id is black hole of email request. It sucks big time. I do not have any other way to get any information for me.

• Ra
      21st of Dec, 2006

This is not like that. I completely disagree with this. Few days back I was a customer of reliance. Though costly but the quality is up to the mark as that of Airtel. It is lot cheaper & yet the voice quality is superb.

21st of Dec, 2006

AirTelcall home is a big time cheat. Very bad guys. This Rajat Vashisht seems to be one of the owner of Airtel.
    I have lost 50 $ with them.

guys, please try and complain with your credit card companies , they might assist us if they receive too many complains of the same merchant.

I wish I had read this forum earlier

22nd of Dec, 2006

I truly agree with the people here who are complaining about AIRTEL service.

1. Customer service no. never work.
    2. By the time website open person can fly to India, and come back in this jet age...!!
    3. Not clear description of product.

In contrast Reliance service is outstanding..Big clap for those guys..Keep it up. I am not reliance guy, If some of you might be thinking..try their service call / customer..No doubt No. 1.

Hope this help

• Wa
      24th of Dec, 2006

I tried this service. I am similar problems.

-- Some times I can log-in and many times it gives bad userid/password error.
    -- They do not show call log.
    -- Access number gives busy signals
    -- Customer service number is always enaged.

I believe it is due to
    -- Very bad web site. Airtel should sue the software company for putting such a poor website.
    -- Airtel should apologize its customers and should take corrective actions on war futting, before customer confidence nosedives.

All-in-all I was able to make phone calls after repeated attempts. Once connected, call quality is good. I did get benefit of the double offer. (I had put $25/-).

I believe they improve with time. I wish they realize they should improve a lot to measure up to international quality expectations, so that they can survive in international services arena.

Sincerely,
    not so bad.

• Su
      3rd of Oct, 2008

customer service sucks. they bolcked my account and was tired of calling them .

they dont even want to solve the issues. they took 15days for letting me know that i cant unblock my account.

this service was the worst serve i have ever encounterd.