Airtel Prepaid Connection / my airtel prepaid number canceled and became free number

1 India Review updated:

Have taken new Airtel Prepaid Number [protected] on 14th Feb 2008. I have submitted Pan Card Xerox, Gas Connection for identity and Address proof along with filling the application form and photograph. On 3rd March 2008 I got message that I need to submit the documents again. Then today i.e on 21st June 2008, I went to Airtel Customer Care to submit the documents and activate my number. Customer Care say that my number has become "Free Number" and I may not get the number back. When I took the connection i have recharged my phone with Life Time Incoming by paying Rs 1200. Now they say my number may not come back to me. This is the SMS I got from Airtel, "To resume your mobile connection, kindly submit required documents at nearest Airtel Showroom. For further details kindly call 121". This message does not say anything about cancellation of my numbers completely nor it says anything about this "Free Number" concept. Also this does not contain any time frame before which I have to submit these documents. But they straight away canceled the number. Just because I have paid Rs 1200 and Airtel got their money and now just by canceling my number by citing documents reason they can get away with my number. I am not sure why Airtel does this to customers. They at least need to inform customers about their policies. How much effort we need to put in to earn Rs 1200. And providers like Airtel take away just like that. Is there anybody listening to us.

Comments

• Pr
      22nd of May, 2007
    Airtel Prepaid Connection - Deduction of balance on daily basis
    India

I am using Airtel Prepaid connection with no. 9860546175 since last one year. Actually, my balance is getting deducted by Rs.2 or 3 on daily basis since last month. Initially I couldn't notice this, as amount was little, but it is happening on daily basis. Beware!

• Tr
      1st of Aug, 2007
    Airtel Prepaid Connection - Missed call alerts!
    India

Airtel has a service called Missed Call Alerts which I had not signed up for. I got a message inviting me to sign up for it, which I ignored. Imagine my surprise a few days later when I got a message saying that Rs. 15 has been deducted as monthly charges towards MCA. How can they enable a service without my knowledge or permission?? I called up customer care asking them to credit the money back. They refused. This is plain embezzlement!

• Su
      28th of Aug, 2007
    Airtel Prepaid Connection - Unsolicited phone calls
    India

Even after registering my repeated complain through SMS to 121 I am being disturbed everyday by promotional calls from +919934912345. Several times I have requested your customer care but no action has been taken till date. This type of carelessness is not expected from a service provider of repute.

• Ta
      12th of Sep, 2007

it's been happening for months but now it's too much too handle, everymonth balance deducts by 50 rs. or so, and small deduction of like 5rs or 6rs is quite common. my no. 9871067901 is being operational for past five years but this ### makes me think of buying some other connection as this airtel services SUCKS. each time one call to their customer care. guys got a only reason dat their systems are down and will take days to get verified. I THINK IF AIRTEL GOT NOTHING ELSE ATLEAST BUY A LOCK AND PUT IT ON. I saw so many complaints but guys do you think dat dese guys ever revert back, they think we need dem but AIRTEL listen IF U CAN'T RESPECT CUSTOMERS FORGET BUSINESS.

• Pi
      1st of Dec, 2007
    Airtel Prepaid Connection - DAILY DEDUCTION CHARGE FOR UNWANTED SERVICE
    AIRTEL
    www.airtel.in

I am having an airtel prepaid connection bearing no 9960199732,
    the customer care has activated some service without my knowledge and permission and now on complaning them to deactivate the service they are cancelling my call repeatedly.
    The name of airtel customer care executive is NILESH and i also have complian no with me.

6th of Apr, 2008

Airtel cheat with me. i activat mobile office. but airtel not give it setting. but cut my 40 Rs .i called cus.care he said that your 40 rupees refund at 8 hours. . cus.care said to me this word 9times and 9days. i am not satified whith airtel

20th of May, 2008

I am using Airtel Prepaid connection with no. 9967080874 since last one year. Actually, my balance is getting deducted by Rs.15 on daily basis since last month. Initially I couldn't notice this, as amount was little, but it is happening on daily basis. Beware

• Bo
      21st of May, 2008

Hey man...send NOPROMO to 511 or 501 to stop all promotions from Airtel. I am not sure whether it is 511 or 501 - send it to both - its a toll free no.

• Tu

28th of Jul, 2008
    Airtel Prepaid Connection - Connection not active
    Airtel
    www.airtel.in

I have taken airtel prepaid connection on 18th june. After working for few day my services was terminated. I called airtel customer services so many times and even submitted documents to the shop twice but till now my is not activated. It has been a long time at least 12-13 days they have not provided me any service.

• Me
      30th of Jul, 2008

I have a Airtel no, i had subscribed to Missed Call Alert Service but want to unsubscribe from the same, could you please help me with it ?

Thanks & Regards

31st of Jul, 2008

Even I am facing the same problem.

• Av
      14th of Aug, 2008

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Di
      17th of Aug, 2008

Inspite of submitting all the Documnets Twice, i have been disconnected.

20th of Oct, 2008

I have a Airtel no, i had subscribed to Missed Call Alert Service. The monthly amount of Rs 15 is getting deducted.Its been two months.But I am not getting any missed call alert.I tried it myself also. Please help.

23rd of Oct, 2008

me too want to unsubscribe from Missed call alert...help someone plz.

11th of Nov, 2008

Dear All
    Iam having an airtel prepaid connection bearing no 9880668277
    the customer care has activated some service (JOKE) without my knowledge and permission and now on everyday they are charges Rs.1 for that Joke I am not interested in Joke

Pls cancel the same and post me the update of the status through my no.

Regards

Mahesh

• Jj
      29th of Jan, 2009

My Airtel Number is 9952517853

I am getting unwanted call from 9952517883. He is talking rubbish to me. Please warn that Customer.

24th of Feb, 2009

my no. is 9878363687 and i m not stisfied with yours all rates of sms as well as for call so if u agree to give me any package per month of call rates or for sms . I will thankful to you .If not than i m deactiveting my no.
    thankyou