Airtel Pre - Paid Service / cheated by airtel dealer/airtel company for recharge top-up
I want to bring your notice that, I am a cutomer of Airtel pre-paid scheme. My number is [protected]. On 2nd August around 12 p.m., I paid Rs. 50 for top up to a airtel dealer near Gota cross road, in Ahemdabad. The concerned dealer told me he will recharge it from his balance through mobile. I put my number in his mobile and after one minute he says you got your balance in your mobile. Because of rain, I did not took out my mobile to check it whether he gave my balnce or not.
Around 6.30 evening of that day I realised there is no balnce in my mobile. So I cheked with the dealer and we made a call to the Airtel cutomer care. The delaer says he got a message from Airtel, that the said number has been recharged with Rs. 50. So we both call customer care to verify. The attendant from otherside after listiening the dealer says, I have to wait for next 24 hours to get my balnce back.
I waited thoruhg out Sunday, then again I called them on Monday and Tuesday, the attendants from customer care keep on saying it will be recharged with Rs. 50 after 24 hours.
On wednesday I did not get any response (6th August 2008). Then on 7th August, 2008, at 10 A.M. (app.) I called the customer care again. They told me that to call after some time and told there is no recharge happened on 2nd August 2008. Again they advise me to got the dealer and make contact with him.
Iwent there on the same day around 12 P.M., when contacted by cutomer care, the dealer says, that he got the message that rechage was sucessful on that day to my mobile (on 2nd August, 2008, at 12 A.M.). After that the cutoemr care people tell me to call again after half an hour. At 1 P.m. when we again contacted them, they told, they can not help. They could easliy track down the transction by the dealer on 2nd August at that time, which they did not do. So the dealer also told me he will not return me the money or rechage my number with Rs. 50. So I lost that amount.
Two isues are important.
One the customer care serviece of Airtel is very poor and could not provide customer necessary informations.
Two, they assist the dealers to cheat public.
I need legal advise on this issue. Rs. 50 may be a small amount. But this can happen to any body with any amount of money. So please help me.
More Airtel Pre - Paid Service Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Bharti Airtel - not getting network in prepaid mobile no. 8800944537
- Bharti Airtel - recharge amount rs 99 not reflected in airtel contact no.9816578315
- Bharti Airtel - international roaming - charged more for no service
- Prepaid Airtel Number - number not working
- Bharti Airtel - telephone/ internet