Airtel Postpaid Connection / fraud billing and cheating by plan

India Review updated:

Dear Sir,

I am Ariel customer from last 7 years and recently moved to mumbai 2 months back and i have again selected Airtel as my cellular network as i was very happy with the service. I had no issue with Ariel till my last bill. But this month i have got bill for my postpaid no [protected] (Its my new no for Mumbai) is 4709.15 and when i saw the bill they have charged more than 4000 for the GPRS usage when i had taken connection that time i have clearly asked to enable 2G plan on my no which is 98 rupees per month. And i use to visit my data usage in my mobile and when i got my bill i checked it was just 550 mb around. And i called your customer care they told we have not activated 2G plan on your no we have given 200 MB complementary plan on your no for free and u have exceeded 200 mb so we have charge 10 paisa per 10 kb so you have to pay the amount. 12-15 days before my outgoing got barred saying that your credit limit is over again i called customer care they told you need to pay 2050 rupees to start your out going calls and when i asked they told we cannot tell why your usage is high just pay that after bill generation we will credit the amount to your account. I have not got any call from Airtel after taking connection as welcome call to explain the bill plan. I have written the complain to Mumbai nodal officer and they are not ready to reverse the amount. .Now they are Harassing me Please do the needful.

Nodal Officer Mail id : nodalofficer.[protected]@in.airtel.com

My Alternate no is : [protected]

Airtel Postpaid Connection

Comments

• Su
      11th of Sep, 2007
    Airtel Postpaid Connection - Wrong billing
    India

My mobile no. is 9997779665 in Dehradun circle. Since last two bills i.e. July & August, I am getting exaggerated amount. I was told by the service provider that I have used no. 53030 in excess. I want to make it clear that I have used this number only twice and that too for downloading only two 'hello tunes'. Please look into my complain and and adjust Rs 1500/- charged in excess. I have serious doubt about cloning of the number.

• Vi
      20th of Sep, 2007

I had taken Airtel post paid connection in May 2005 & upto April 2007 every thing was clear.

But in May 2007 they had informed over phone that they can renew the same number for Rs. 999.00 & accordingly I had deposited the same amount. But surprisingly they had withdrawn the facility of STD (FROM Airtel to Airtel) in Rs. 1/- with monthly charges of Rs. 30/- without any information, which was running since long .

When I received the bill, I immediately given the mail to them on 121 for the revised bill but they had refused to do so.

After that I had written so may mails for disconnection of my connection mentioning therein to adjust their wrong bills from the advance rental of Rs. 999.00 & they had adjusted the same & Rs. 164.00 was lying credit in my account In July 2007 Bill.

But surprisingly, some idiots has renewed my number without information in August for Rs. 999.00 (as I had already given them so many mails for disconnection) what is the fun.

Now they are harassing me & my family for the payment of wrongly renewal of telephone connection in August 2007, every day over phone.

Someone advise me what should I do. (Should I write to the CMD of Airtel or file a suit for compensation of harassment in consumer court).

Regards,
    (Vijay Kumar Sharma)

• De
      1st of Oct, 2007

i wanna see my bill online..................?

• Ra
      5th of Feb, 2009

i wanna see my postpaid bill online.

• Ra
      16th of Sep, 2009
    Airtel Postpaid Connection - Worst customer service
    Bharathi Airtel
    India

I have taken a personal postpaid connection almost a month back and which is not yet activated. I have complained about the same to customer care 4 times there is no proper responce. This is the worst customer service i have seen. After all these days now they are asking me to go to a Airtel outlet for resolving the same. If this was the case then this could have been informed to me earlier only. Now they dont resopnd.