Airtel Call Home / money debited from account!

1 90 Park RdTinton Falls, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7323898100

I have also faced an money fraud issue with airtel call home in recharging my account. I have attempted to recharge the account serveral times but every time transaction failed. When if you check your bank account and cc account they debit the money from there. Almost my $350 is stuck with them becoz I made several attempts to recharge. And when u send them mail regarding it, they don't think it important to reply back. My money is still block with them.

Pathetic services and there gateway sucks.

Comments

• Gu
      18th of Dec, 2006
    Airtel Call Home - FTC - file a complaint!

Airtel Call home does not work and they charge credit cards. I filed a complained on Federal Commission. Any one having same experience visit website https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01 and file complain against them.

18th of Dec, 2006
    Airtel Call Home - Not working

I saw the ad and subscribed to the service. The website is very slow and I could never register my home number. I feel the service is not from a professional company, which can not even have the web service properly to excel in telelecom!

• Da
      22nd of Dec, 2006
    Airtel Call Home - Not able to call even after a week!

For heaven sake don't buy this. they deducted the cash from my account. Even after a week i have been not sent the pin nos. and their call center doesn't pick up calls.. their email bounces back..
    Don't try this at all..

26th of Dec, 2006

Airtel CallHome is a perfectly fine service. I find that it has absolutely no problems. I wonder why all you people are all exaggerating and spreading such misinformation.

• Na
      16th of Aug, 2007
    Airtel Call Home - Got back my money!

This is in reference to my complaint made before by me of the amount getting deducted from my A/c & my A/c not being recharged. The amount was in a pending state in my A/c and now its removed. So I take my complaint back.

• Ar
      27th of Nov, 2007
    Airtel Call Home - Poor Service
    Airtel Call Home
    India
    airtelcallhome.com

Airtel call Home is the worst service that i have ever opted. I purchased $100 calling card from them and faced following issues.
    1) call drops within 10 Seconds of making a call
    2) No gifts(Free Saree) as promised in their independence day deal.
    3) Unnecessary deduction of minutes
    4) voice quility is poor.

So will never recommend to go and purchase airtel call home service.

2nd of Dec, 2007

We are also not able to call to india from last 3 days ,the toll free numbe does not work.We are sending complaint emails but nothing is happening.This is a classic example of poor service .Request you toplease return us the balance amount because we are nw completely frustated with the airtel service.The complaint code is 51283

• Ra
      4th of Mar, 2008
    Airtel Call Home - Website not working!
    Airtel
    Chicago
    Illinois

Website is down and I cannot recharge the account since morning. I wanted to make an urgent call and cannot make it.

• Ni
      18th of Jul, 2008

Airtel is at its worst.

the website not working properly, it says user already registered even if i am doing for first time

call center nos dont work, landline no is connected to FAX, so no use, the mobile no is not reacheable
    they have given escalation chart, even the escalation mobile nos dont work

THIS IS THIRD CLASS, THIRD GRADE SERVICE FROM AIRTEL

• Fy
      15th of Sep, 2008

I too faced lot of problem with airtel call home. Whenever I tried to recharge it has some problem.When I contac the Customer care they will give a complaint number and after a day i will get a mail like the query has been resolved but actually the problem will remain same. I tried to contact them like this many times, when ever I contact the same thing happened.

1st of Nov, 2008

i too faced recharging issues and poor customer service so shifted to reliance. really feel reliance calling card is the best one around.have been using it for one year now and i get good voice quality, fast connections, and very less call drops.i learnt that they slashed their effective calling rates this festive season to about 5.9 cents/min and are also giving away 120 mins free talktime to all their customers.Makes sense to go for it.

• Ku
      1st of Nov, 2008

that's jus classic airtel for you.you can count on them to ditch you wen you need them the most.no wonder then, evrybody's jumping to reliance who seem to have slashed their calling rates this diwali to 5.9 cents/min wid an add on of 120 mins.r u liostening airtel?

• Di
      1st of Nov, 2008

if you ask me, reliance calling card is the best one around.have been using it for one year now and i get good voice quality, fast connections, and virtually zero call drops.i learnt that they slashed their effective calling rates this festive season to about 5.9 cents/min and are also giving away 120 mins free talktime to all their customers.Makes sense to go for it.

• Us
      20th of Nov, 2008

I am using the airtel call home card from past 1 year. And Didn't faced any problem yet. I used to call my parents in India. They didn't debited any money from my account without my prior knowledge. So I am happy with their services.. And Guys believe me they replied to each and every query or prob which i faced for making calls to INDIA.

• Ll
      17th of Mar, 2009

airtel call home sevice - major fraud & cheaters

• Ra
      13th of Apr, 2009

I also had same problems. Being patriotic, I was one of first to try Airtel services to call India. My credit card was charged four times.
    I was promised double talk time but never got any account details insspite of repeated requests
    It was frustrating to deal with customer service and I completely switched to Reliance which is best and opaque system to learn details of all our calls

Hopefully Airtel has improved their initial glitches

Regards
    Raj Sodhia

• Vi
      8th of May, 2009

They closed my a/c because I did not use it for 6 months. Well they take all info (email, phone etc) while you register and send 100s of emails with promitions etc but when it comes to account closing, they dont bother to even inform. I had more than $25 in the a/c and they simply ignore my calls/emails.

I really dont know what to do...Any advice

• Bu
      9th of May, 2009

Airtel..is the name for the company who throws your money in the "AIR" using their money minder strategical "TEL"ephone service...I wonder how are they surviving in todays economy with their cheap, money minded strategy...Their 'Call home 1 cent' plan isnt 1 cent..Customer actually pay 2.4 cent/min..after you calculate the rental fee they charge on it...Rentalllll ????? Why the hell is that ???? I know tons of Calling sites who dont charge rental and still give you the best deals in the market...Raza.com (they are offering 1000 mins in $10)..Now this is what we should call 1 cent/min...IndiaLD.com..they give you 1.3 cent/min if you sign up for their plan...Well, what can we do regarding this ?? Just spread the word as far as we can and make the consumers beware of the these "Money Eating Monsters"...called AIRTEL...
    I personally do not recommend AIRTEL to anybody...i repeat anybody...and if you dont believe in my post or the other posts on this blog...then go ahead and let them RIP that your hard earned money off you...

• Be
      22nd of May, 2009

Airtel is poor they cheating customers ...

I just want to share how Airtel Call Home is fooling the people.
    They have a big advertisement 1cent/min.
    But this is a big lie.

You can check their plans

Plan Value $14.99 Rental Value $8.99Talk time $6.0 here is the catch if you finish calling $6.00 with 5 or 10 days...you need to pay again $14.99 and you will get only $6.00 talk time what is meaning of rental value? That needs to be charged $8.99 every time.

You recharge as rental what is meaning of it. There are no top-up options.

It simply means like 600 mins for $14.99 so just how much it is $14.99/600=0.02498$/min or 2.49cents==2.5 cents/min

There is one more catch this 600 mins is only when you call when you make a call to mobile otherwise it is 300 min. $14.99/300min=0.04999$/min=4.99cents==5cents/min.

How AIRTEL is bluffing!!! Same with other 6.49 plan 250 mins 6.49/250=0.02596$/min=2.59cents/min==2.6cents/min to mobile 6.49/125 =0.05192$/min=5.19cents/min==5.2cents/min to landline

How great a cheating for simple Guys!!!

UNDERSTAND ALL SIMPLE PEOPLE

AIRTEL FOOLING THE CUSTOMER TELLING 1 cent/min IT IS 5.2 cents/min FOR THE LANDLINE!!!

You can look at the blog and put your comments there also ...raise voice against...

• Na
      23rd of May, 2009

Yes. I too have had problems with Airtel. I feel using VOIP service like nymgo is a better option. I try to use the calling card only when I am away from the internet access. One has to read all the details carefully before considering airtel call home service.

-NS