Airtel Call Home / no response from the company to handle complaints

1 India Review updated:

I have my account in the airtel call home where I can call India. Since the first day, the website doesn't work properly. It nearly took me 3 hrs just to log in. I have paid 50$ for registering in it. Now my password is locked and the customer care number [protected] does not even work. There is a place in website where we can lodge complaint or give feedback. Even the website is not allowing me enter any information. I tell, this is the worst website design and customer care. My amount is locked with them where I can't do any thing. Could someone help me how I can prioritize this.

Rgds,
Chaitanya

Comments

• Ge
      28th of Dec, 2006

Tips For Pre-Paid Phone Cards

In just the past decade, the phone card industry has mushroomed to a $4 billion industry with an estimated 500 million cards sold last year alone. Pre-paid phone cards offer convenience for travelers and access to generally economical telecommunications prices for those consumers without telephone service in their homes. However, there are things to consider when purchasing a pre-paid phone card.

Beware of Extremely Low Rate Cards: If you are buying a prepaid calling card from an unfamiliar company, buy the minimum denomination and try it. Because some companies advertise rates as low as 1? per minute, this way you should be able to spot surcharges and hidden costs before you spend a lot of money.

Before you purchase a prepaid telephone card, carefully read the card and its package very closely for the following fees and surcharges:

Connection Fee: Many cards charge at least 50? for connection and in some cases even more each time you make a call.
    Pay Phone Surcharge: Many cards charge an additional fee of at least 50? per call for each call made from a pay phone.
    International Surcharge: Many cards charge an additional fee of up to $3.00 for each international call.
    Taxes: Many cards levy an additional surcharge of up to 25% per call for "taxes."
    "Maintenance Fees": Some cards charge a weekly "maintenance fee" after the card is first used. If you use the card only occasionally, this fee can add up.
    Rounding: Most cards round up a call to the next minute. Some cards use six minute rounding. This means a one minute call will be charged as a six minute call.
    How to Shop for a Prepaid Calling Card

Many prepaid phone cards do not disclose enough information, especially information about their actual rates which is necessary to enable consumers to make informed purchasing decisions.

Cards that charge very low per minute rates (1?- 4.9?) but high surcharges may still be a reasonable value if you make calls of 10-15 minutes each.

If you anticipate using the card to make calls under 10 minutes, cards that charge a higher per minute rate (9.9? and up) but do not have surcharges are probably the better deal.

Those who expect to use pay phones should be careful to look for cards that don?t surcharge for this service.

Although many prepaid phone cards make express promises of substantial savings, many fail to disclose the basis of the claimed savings.

The quality of the service provided can vary dramatically among prepaid phone cards. Some cards provide excellent service. With others, consumers may encounter trouble connecting to calls or with the quality of the call. Still others charge for uncompleted calls or turn out not to work at all.

There are also significant differences in the features provided by prepaid phone cards. Before buying a prepaid calling card, consider how you will use the card. Some cards provide no extra features, while others provide consumers with such benefits as the ability to proceed in different languages, speed dialing, the ability to be recharged to add additional value and protection against loss.

Additional benefits often come at a price. The more features a prepaid phone card has and the more information it provides its users, the more expensive it tends to be.

Questions or complaints about pre-paid phone cards or its posters or advertisements should be directed to the Attorney General?s consumer help line at (800) 771-7755.

• Ge

www.oag.state.ny.us

• Ab
      31st of Dec, 2006

Guys,

Ditto with me too.. I registered with Airtel for $50. Although I got an email with passwords info etc, I cant access the toll free number or the customer helpline AT ALL !! This is a big fraud.. I see lots of people have become prey to this cheat.. But there is no coverage of this fraud in the News..

I have few questions reg the other posts.

1. What happens if we contact the Attorney (I mean what is the process? next step?)

2. I live in California, so I believe I need to complain to the local Calif Attorney general. Is there anyway we all complain to the same attorney's office?

3. Wat about Credit card dispute? Can we place this as a dispute and ask the credit card company to cancel the transaction?

Please let me know.
    Shafi.

• Ve
      2nd of Jan, 2007

I have had some problems before with Airtel, but now the service seems to be improving. My card was charged more than once and multiple accounts were created. What I did was, once you login there is an option called "Balance transfer" to transfer amount from one airtel account to another, I used this to get my amount from all airtel accounts in to one account which I am currently using. I think the current price is great and the customer service number does work now. I have also noticed that the site is improving in the speed at which pages are refreshed. Hope Airtel continuously improves its performance.

• Mo
      27th of Jun, 2007

Yes, the customer care people never attends our phone, if at all, it takes minimum an hour to attend our call. They find out a way of one way traffic where they can throw a stone on us... But we never can. They will torture for various reasons, to make a call to us, added to that they will supply our mobile numbers to various corporate people for tele marketing. But when we are in trouble, they will never attend your call and attend your issues. Every time, some Tom, Dick and Harry will attend, (if by fault) and inquire from the same old A to Z of our complaints, and made us to be vexed on complaining again. THEY ARE LIKE TELE - GHOSTS INVISIBLY WILL BE DOING ALL HARMS TO CUSTOMERS, but there is no way to protect from them... It is the present pathetic strategy!!!

The ridiculous thing is, it is never a grey area for the concerned govt authorities and for political leaders who use this kind of mobiles services in their day to day lives, but the atrocities still going on unnoticed or blindly ignored for ever!!

17th of Jan, 2008

i want to know who you people are and how you got my checking account and what gives you the right to be taking out 6.78 i have no idea who you are but i bet i find out me and the better business breau together it is against the law taking money from someones account without their permission

• Sh
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I had an account with AIRTEL, just because it has better tariff. But, I think this is the most idiotic step i had taken in setting up the account with AIRTEL. The customer care executives are hopeless and mislead you. They are not at all helpfull. Moreover, they don't accept their mistakes..they don't forward the calls to their superiors...especially their is a ###, who calls him self as the floor Manager (Mr. Raman)...DONOT BELIEVE IN AIRTEL...DON'T SETUP ACCOUNT WITH AIRTEL...

• Vs
      15th of Apr, 2009

They are the worst service provider. My a/c was terminated as I did not use it for 6 months and I ended up loosing all my money. When I spoke with the customer rep, he was helpless and said - we are sorry but thats our policy and we must have called you before we terminated your a/c BUT he had no records in his system to prove the same !!!

I have sent emails but all I get back is an auto-reply .